+ Reply to Thread

Default worried - Finasteride recovery

Hey all,

I have been reading this forum for a few months. I'm in my senior year of college and graduate in a matter of weeks. Anyways, my hairloss has gotten worse over the year, but especially during the past 6 months. I basically narrowed it down to 2 options of treatment that I thought would work for me. RU and Fin. Given that RU is experimental, hard to get, etc. and Fin is a lot safer, I went and got a prescription for Fin. Unlike most, i actually got the 1mg pills.

I decided to start at .5 MG every other day (EOD). I took my first half pill on tuesday 4/19, then i took my second half pill on thursday 4/21. I began noticing sexual sides on friday, and by saturday they were worse. So, i chose not to take my half pill on saturday as scheduled and decided just to quit from that day forward.

the sexual side effects i began to notice on fri/sat (3 days after beginning Fin) were:
    –difficulty achieving and maintaining erections.
    –Pretty significant loss of sensation and feeling in penis, numbness so to speak.
    –*note* no effect on libido at this time. Actually, my first 2 days on Fin i noticed an mild increase in libido

Friday night (4/22) i had sex with my girlfriend of a few years. it scared my because there was a huge lack of sensation in my penis, and it was about 60-70% hard the whole time, at best. Orgasm wasn't as great either.

Sunday morning (4/24) had sex with her again, however it was the exact same case as friday night. after sex, i ended up getting home sunday around noon and masturbating. (same as sex, very low sensation and extremely difficult to maintain an erection. so in total i orgasmed twice on sunday.

Now, heres where the weird part comes in. Following that weekend where i had sex a few times and quit Fin, i noticed a bunch of different sides.

the past 4-5 days since Sunday i have had these symptoms:

–Pretty significant loss of sensation and feeling in penis, numbness.
    –practically ZERO libido and interest in sex
    –penile shrinkage, rubbery, etc.
    –*multiple spider veins/varicole veins on my penis AND my testicles.* i put an asterisk here because i really would like to know what is causing these??? and are they harmful? and how to get them to go away. also what do these veins mean?
    –testicles hanging very "loose" and hanging very low.
    –brain fog, general lack of emotion and "zombie" like feelings. Feels like im super neutral overall.
    –going to the gym and running USED to give me that good feeling (endorphin high) afterwards. However, i went to the gym a few times this week and feel kind of crappy after, it feels completely differnt. This is how i know something is wrong, perhaps hormonally?
    –much more frequent urination. it seems like my bladder will get 1/4 full and then i will get the urge to empty it. then the process repeats itself

So in total, its been exactly 7 days since i have taken my last fin pill. keep in mind i only took 2 .5mg doses of Fin, so i took 1mg all together. Its been a week since my last fin pill, and i have NOT noticed ANY improvement. I think that me quitting thursday and then having orgasms and sex 3x over the next few days had led me to some type of "Crash". I believe this since i began to experience new and additional symptoms on sunday. which have lasted this entire week so far.

I have done tons of reading on this forum. and i realize that it takes 1-2 weeks for most people to recover from Fin sides. But in other cases, people have recovered after a month or so. I am just scared and worried that I haven't seen any improvement in 1 week yet. This scares me because I've read that DHT levels return to normal in about a week. What about 5AR activity? how long does it take that to restore back to normal? I am worrisome because i took so little of finasteride... yet its been 1 week since my last pill and ive had no improvement.

Thanks in advance to anyone that replies to this! this is certainly a great community here on this forum. I would really appreciate some insight, advice, explanations, and perhaps stories of anyone else's experience.

*slight progress (maybe)* i had the ball ache while on fin, when i stopped, it was still there but got better. Now i dont think i have a ball ache anymore. Additionally, i had headaches since monday, and its thursday now and i think that those have subsided as well.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by a7248b View Post
    Hey all,

I have been reading this forum for a few months. I'm in my senior year of college and graduate in a matter of weeks. Anyways, my hairloss has gotten worse over the year, but especially during the past 6 months. I basically narrowed it down to 2 options of treatment that I thought would work for me. RU and Fin. Given that RU is experimental, hard to get, etc. and Fin is a lot safer, I went and got a prescription for Fin. Unlike most, i actually got the 1mg pills.

I decided to start at .5 MG every other day (EOD). I took my first half pill on tuesday 4/19, then i took my second half pill on thursday 4/21. I began noticing sexual sides on friday, and by saturday they were worse. So, i chose not to take my half pill on saturday as scheduled and decided just to quit from that day forward.

the sexual side effects i began to notice on fri/sat (3 days after beginning Fin) were:
    –Pretty significant loss of sensation and feeling in penis, numbness so to speak.
    –*note* no effect on libido at this time. Actually, my first 2 days on Fin i noticed an mild increase in libido

Friday night (4/22) i had sex with my girlfriend of a few years. it scared my because there was a huge lack of sensation in my penis, and it was about 60-70% hard the whole time, at best. Orgasm wasn't as great either.

Sunday morning (4/24) had sex with her again, however it was the exact same case as friday night. after sex, i ended up getting home sunday around noon and masturbating. (same as sex, very low sensation and extremely difficult to maintain an erection. so in total i orgasmed twice on sunday.

Now, heres where the weird part comes in. Following that weekend where i had sex a few times and quit Fin, i noticed a bunch of different sides.

the past 4-5 days since Sunday i have had these symptoms:

–Pretty significant loss of sensation and feeling in penis, numbness.
    –practically ZERO libido and interest in sex
    –penile shrinkage, rubbery, etc.
    –*multiple spider veins/varicole veins on my penis AND my testicles.* i put an asterisk here because i really would like to know what is causing these??? and are they harmful? and how to get them to go away. also what do these veins mean?
    –testicles hanging very "loose" and hanging very low.
    –brain fog, general lack of emotion and "zombie" like feelings. Feels like im super neutral overall.
    –going to the gym and running USED to give me that good feeling (endorphin high) afterwards. However, i went to the gym a few times this week and feel kind of crappy after, it feels completely differnt. This is how i know something is wrong, perhaps hormonally?
    –much more frequent urination. it seems like my bladder will get 1/4 full and then i will get the urge to empty it. then the process repeats itself

So in total, its been exactly 7 days since i have taken my last fin pill. keep in mind i only took 2 .5mg doses of Fin, so i took 1mg all together. Its been a week since my last fin pill, and i have NOT noticed ANY improvement. I think that me quitting thursday and then having orgasms and sex 3x over the next few days had led me to some type of "Crash". I believe this since i began to experience new and additional symptoms on sunday. which have lasted this entire week so far.

I have done tons of reading on this forum. and i realize that it takes 1-2 weeks for most people to recover from Fin sides. But in other cases, people have recovered after a month or so. I am just scared and worried that I haven't seen any improvement in 1 week yet. This scares me because I've read that DHT levels return to normal in about a week. What about 5AR activity? how long does it take that to restore back to normal? I am worrisome because i took so little of finasteride... yet its been 1 week since my last pill and ive had no improvement.

Thanks in advance to anyone that replies to this! this is certainly a great community here on this forum. I would really appreciate some insight, advice, explanations, and perhaps stories of anyone else's experience.

*slight progress (maybe)* i had the ball ache while on fin, when i stopped, it was still there but got better. Now i dont think i have a ball ache anymore. Additionally, i had headaches since monday, and its thursday now and i think that those have subsided as well.

Thank you!
    3 fin pills isn't going to ruin you lol, your anxiety might though.

I've quit 3 times and used it far longer and sides always went away in 2-3 weeks after my last dosing.

It takes time for your DHT to go back to baseline.

Its really easy to tell by your posts that you're way too anxious about this and I'm certain some of your sides are made worse by you obsessing, as I've done it myself.

I took fin 3 different times and my sides always went completely away 3 weeks latest.

Talk to a doctor about that anxiety though man, fin definitely isn't for people like you.