+ Reply to Thread

Default Your typical "Am I balding?!" thread:

Hello,

So... I'm growing my hair out, and I'm not sure if I'm just not used to the "pulled-back" look, or if I'm actually balding. I know that I'm probably displacing anxieties onto this, but I have good reasons for doing so (and they will eventually pass).

So, getting right to the issue: Am I going bald/thinning? http://imgur.com/a/B5WAF

Hairline 4 years ago (sorry - nothing super high quality). NOTE that my hair is not pulled back, so the corners are covered by hair: http://imgur.com/a/tg1C6

I'm 25 y/o, I'm athletic, I eat right, etc. My girlfriend tells me I'm crazy for thinking so. I think she's right, but as previously mentioned, my brain isn't letting this go so easily.

I know the genetics behind balding, so no need to explain that to me. Maternal grandfather died w/ full head of hair at old age, paternal grandfather is totally bald at 82. Only 2 of 5 maternal uncles went bald so far (they're in their 60s). Dad has typical old-man thinning, but def. not balding at 59. So I'm probably okay?

Also - fully aware that this is nothing compared to most seeking help on these forums. But to my fellow brethren, I say this: Your struggle is admirable, but some of the men I have great respect for are completely, utterly bald. May we all find peace with ourselves.

Just wax it bro

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMPB View Post
    Just wax it bro
    Thanks for the sarcasm. Appreciate it

Your hair looks great. Nothing to worry about.

Looks like a tiny bit receding on the temples (compared to the 4 year old photo). Don't get me wrong - you still have great hair. Maybe create a photo every 3 months and compare them to see if the receding is getting "bigger". If so, get on propecia and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpbman View Post
    Looks like a tiny bit receding on the temples (compared to the 4 year old photo). Don't get me wrong - you still have great hair. Maybe create a photo every 3 months and compare them to see if the receding is getting "bigger". If so, get on propecia and hope for the best.
    Yeah there appears to be some recession. But there is no way to tell if its just a maturing hairline, which happens to %95 of the male population, or the start of MPB. I agree a photo every 3 months is a good idea. Take the photo and don't worry about your hair then check in 3 months for any changes. Continue for a year(unless hairloss worsens significantly) and compare the day 1 to year photo. Should give you a good idea of where you are at. If you don't have loss put it out of your mind if you do consider your next steps. You could fight it with drugs or just deal with it. Choice is yours.