What Norwood level do most men discover their hair loss?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris12
    • Dec 2015

What Norwood level do most men discover their hair loss?

Just wondering... what Norwood do most men discover that they are balding?
  • BaldingEagle
    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Chris12
    Just wondering... what Norwood do most men discover that they are balding?
    Probably around 2.5

Comment

• Johny41
      • Dec 2014

Well, I think that most men start being concerned about hair loss when it is NW-2, as they notice slight receding of hairline.

Comment

• jjones2908
        • Apr 2016

Call me ignorant, but I only became aware of / concerned by hair loss when my forelock area started to thin out, making it harder to style. And to be honest, it took a while even for that to register with me as hair loss. At that stage (about 18 months back) I was a definite Norwood 3.

I think that what tricked me is that recession had always been a part of the way I looked. I didn't mind it at all and I certainly never considered it to be 'balding' per se. Also, my father was about a Norwood 5A by the age of 30 and I was clearly nowhere near that bad.

In hindsight, I realise that this was in fact balding and the sudden realisation those 18 months back was compounded by the discovery of some crown thinning.

Comment

• JohnMPB
          • Nov 2009

Probably beyond nw2. Or when someone points it out to them and it hits them like a train head on and they become ocd about it after.

If it's just crown thinning that's harder to notice.

Comment

Working...