+ Reply to Thread

Default Am I Balding? (24)

Hello, I am 24 years old and I'm just trying to get opinions on my hair. I've always had thin hair, I'm half white and half black and got a pretty bad mix of the two for my hair lol. It's always been thin and fine, and I've always been able to see my scalp but there's always a TON of hair to mess with. I recently shaved my head and I can clearly see my scalp so I don't know, am I actually going bald? Or do I just have super fine hair? Pics included, any advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	46252   Click image for larger version

Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	46253   Click image for larger version

Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	46254   Click image for larger version

Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	46255   Click image for larger version

Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	46256   Click image for larger version

Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	46257  

It does look thin. Unusually so. Has this happened recently? Or has your hair always been like this?? If it's recent... that seems aggressive and might not be MPB.

It's always appeared this way, both long and short. I just haven't cut it in about 2 years to a buzz cut like I used to all the time. But in regular light it looks good but in stark light as u can see its pretty noticeable. I haven't seen any 'changes' per say but don't know it's just slowly disappearing?

It just doesn't look like a MPB pattern. Not even diffused. The way your hairline is left thicker than the rest... usually it's the other way around! OR all your hair thins (diffuse) ... or was that the design when you shaved it? Either way, i'd get it checked. It looks very thin. And like I said, if this has happened suddenly it's probably not MPB. If it's been over years then it might well be.

That's why I've always been so perplexed, because I've looked into it before and done the hair pull tests and I don't shed...like at all! I lose I would say seriously around 20-50 hairs a day, showering and everything. My hairline has always been that weird 'thicker' kinda way since birth, you can even see it in my baby pictures. You can physically feel the hair growing a different way if you were to rub it, therefore creating that look. I compared pictures of 6 years ago both shaved and grown out and my hair looks the same. I definitely will still get it looked at, what tests would you recommend I see? Or what type of Doctor? I really thank you for your input. I appreciate it!

You might just have really low density if it truly was like that years ago! I can't tell for sure. I'd start with the doctor and check and then they'll refer you based on their conclusions.

I'm not 100% on which doctors/professionals are best so hopefully someone can help you with that one.

Best thing is to not panic. If this is your hair how it's always been, then... I doubt it's MPB. It just looks super thin. And like diffuse loss... Not knowing what it looked like before, that's what it looks like to me.

And no worries. I like to help I know how stressful it can be!!

As you said you have thin hairs from beginning and know you are feeling like balding then you should consult to a doctor regarding this. By the pictures you have uploaded its look like you have less hairs. Keep eye on healthy diet.
    Good luck.