+ Reply to Thread

Default which norwood im on ? PICS

Background : im 20, my hair has been recedding ever since I was 18, last year I had hair in those edges, it took 2 months to go from nobody noticing that I was balding to this , forgive me for greasy images I started using coconut oil last week. My dad had full hair, my moms dad has full hair. Everyone at home has thick hair I dont know why the **** balding is happening to me. And the worst thing is that even though my egdes have been falling out for the last 2 years they never accelerated the way they did in the last two months. In february nobody could tell I was balding, I didnt have those two patches, over the last 3 weeks my hair has fallen at an extremely excessive rate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20160425_000642.jpg

Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	46214   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160424_235611.jpg

Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	46215  

Don't take this the wrong way, but black people don't tend to go bald at an early age. Go to your doctor and find out the cause. It could be MPB, but it could be something else as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmenUSA View Post
    Background : im 20, my hair has been recedding ever since I was 18, last year I had hair in those edges, it took 2 months to go from nobody noticing that I was balding to this , forgive me for greasy images I started using coconut oil last week. My dad had full hair, my moms dad has full hair. Everyone at home has thick hair I dont know why the **** balding is happening to me. And the worst thing is that even though my egdes have been falling out for the last 2 years they never accelerated the way they did in the last two months. In february nobody could tell I was balding, I didnt have those two patches, over the last 3 weeks my hair has fallen at an extremely excessive rate.
    That is not MPB. Go see a doctor about it right away.

Hey guys thanks for replying, the only health issue that I have is vitamin B12, iron and some other vitamin that I had forgotten deficiency. I was diagnosed anemic in 2013 (pernicious anemia) which is when my hair started to shed... thing is I havent (9 months ( been taking all my vitamins that I was prescribed with the side effects are dreadful. But I will be seein my doctor next month

Some other parts of my hair are balding too, my hair has always been dry, no matter what kind of hair product I use I always wake up its DRY AND TANGLED. If I dont shower it I will look like a crazy homeless men at shool

Also if its not MPB, must I cut all my hair or should I try and cover the patches until they grow back ? that would take atleast 8 months. Been wearing a cap at school for 2 weeks now im getting exhuasted

Hey guys thanks for replying, the only health issue that I have is vitamin B12, iron and some other vitamin that I had forgotten deficiency. I was diagnosed anemic in 2013 (pernicious anemia) which is when my hair started to shed... thing is I havent (9 months ( been taking all my vitamins that I was prescribed with the side effects are dreadful. But I will be seein my doctor next month

Some other parts of my hair are balding too, my hair has always been dry, no matter what kind of hair product I use I always wake up its DRY AND TANGLED. If I dont shower it I will look like a crazy homeless men at shool
    This is not MPB... at least not in entirety. I think something else is going on. Go see a doctor fast.

Also if its not MPB, must I cut all my hair or should I try and cover the patches until they grow back ? that would take atleast 8 months. Been wearing a cap at school for 2 weeks now im getting exhuasted

Go Tyrese Gibson with the clippers bro, whats the problem? My white girl said black dudes look good shaved.

Regardless of what haircut you choose, please see a doctor about this patchy non-patterned hair loss.

By chance did you wear any type of hair that was pulling at the roots constantly like corn rows? I've seen people with thinning edges after they took out this braids.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMPB View Post
    By chance did you wear any type of hair that was pulling at the roots constantly like corn rows? I've seen people with thinning edges after they took out this braids.
    No, but I have been wearing a hat and dyed my hair 3 weeks ago

No, but I have been wearing a hat and dyed my hair 3 weeks ago
    Do you think the dye hadsomething to do with it? Like leaving it too long and maybe now there is breakage?

Honestly I don't think any of us can give you a straight answer. I think you need to visit a derm like others have stated.