+ Reply to Thread

Default Regenepure DR permanent shed??? PLEASE HELP

So at 31 I finally decided to try something for my hair loss. I decided on a ket 1% shampoo called "Regenepure DR" that I'm sure many of you have heard of or even tried.
    After about 10 days maybe not even, I noticed the most drastic shed I could have imagined. Entire hairline thinned out to the point of where it frightened me to look in the mirror. I immediately discontinued use and this was on April 1st 2016. That's right, April 1st, which was over THREE weeks ago.

As of today, April 24th, I do not think I have seen any regrowth. This is the ONLY product I was using and of course I know shedding can be normal and a "Good" thing, but a few more days on this stuff and I would have had to buy a wig. The shed was SO bad that I had to buy Dermmatch just to go to work.

My $1,000,000 question is, WILL my that shed hair grow back??? Is it possible that the Ket fried my hairline permanently??? Very concerned and scared. I just want my hair back.

Thank you in advance to anyone who has answers.

first off, regenepure is some bs. it doesn't work and is a waste of money. i have no idea why you would choose that over minoxidil or fin which are proven hairloss products.

when i used it, i had no shed, or any good or bad effects from it.

can keto fry your hair, i believe a 2% prescription strength can, but with an over the counter product like regenepure, who knows if its even 1% keto in there, theres like a hundred ingredients in the bottle. and how often did you use it? its not suppose to be every day. its max 3 times a week.

your hair loss could be either from a natural balding shed, which means those hairs are not coming back without the help of fin or min, or if it was indeed fried hair from the keto, its gonna take more than a month to grow back if it will grow back.

some ppl on here might say, dont worry, its just your old weak hair shedding from the treatment, and newer stronger hair will come in its place, it means the product is working!!

if you had just stated minox, i would say yes, that is 90% the cause. but with keto, i think its either burned hair, or natural shed from the balding process. you will have to just wait another month and see what happens.

get on some minox at least if your afraid to get on fin.

Quote Originally Posted by ML488 View Post
    So at 31 I finally decided to try something for my hair loss. I decided on a ket 1% shampoo called "Regenepure DR" that I'm sure many of you have heard of or even tried.
    After about 10 days maybe not even, I noticed the most drastic shed I could have imagined. Entire hairline thinned out to the point of where it frightened me to look in the mirror. I immediately discontinued use and this was on April 1st 2016. That's right, April 1st, which was over THREE weeks ago.

As of today, April 24th, I do not think I have seen any regrowth. This is the ONLY product I was using and of course I know shedding can be normal and a "Good" thing, but a few more days on this stuff and I would have had to buy a wig. The shed was SO bad that I had to buy Dermmatch just to go to work.

My $1,000,000 question is, WILL my that shed hair grow back??? Is it possible that the Ket fried my hairline permanently??? Very concerned and scared. I just want my hair back.

Thank you in advance to anyone who has answers.

Smh. Thank you for your response but this loss is NOT from a natural balding shed. My hair was fine (well, thinning, but fine) before this stuff went on my head. 10 days later and I was in need of Dermmatch or I couldn't walk out the door. I emailed Regenepure and someone wrote back saying the exact words you said of course, that its normal and the weak hairs are being pushed out to prepare for thicker hairs growing in. That's all nice sounding and all but if you saw my shed you would have took the bottle from me and threw it in a dumpster immediately.

I used it every single day which I since learned was a mistake. Many have said 2-3 times a week. Hilarious of course as the bottle doesn't say a word about using it only a few times a week. I never wanted to go on the 'big 2' because of fear of shedding and sides, so that's my reason there. I can't say this was a 100% mistake bc this product has very good reviews all over the internet for the most part. But for me, it was a disaster.

I pray my hair returns.

just like you i was suckered into using it, even by members here who swear by it, but i used it for 4 months with no results, so i know it doesn't work.
    but i highly doubt the shed means its working, more likely it destroyed your hair.

wait and see what happens in the next few months, but in the meantime, get on minox and fin.

What reason do you have to think it destroyed my hair? How in the world could a shampoo with mostly innocent ingredients aside from MAYBE the Ket destroy my hair?

I freaked out so much that I went to my derm and he said he doesn't know about any treatment that's not FDA approved but he did (nonchalantly) say that he doesn't see how anything in Regenepure could have caused permanent damage. Wasn't very re-assuring, but still. All these products are such a gamble imo.

google ketoconazole, or nizoral and hair loss. you are not the first person to experience this. you might fight better answers there

Bump

Not sure why people use these "boutique" ketoconazole shampoos when you can get nizoral 1% Otc online or at any pharmacy for cheaper. The 1% isn't even all that drying. Others claim they buy these other shampoos like regenepure and Revita because they can use them every day....but why would you wanna use daily? All the studies that showed niz's benefits used it anywhere from 2-4 times weekly. I just recently found out Revita is only .25% keto.

At least with nizoral you know a major pharm company like McNeil/J&J are manufacturing the product under strict guidelines.

Show me results of anyone using these speciality keto shampoos that receive more benefit than plain old niz.