+ Reply to Thread

Default My shitty situation: rapid hair loss + IBS-D

Life is a big not funny joke for someone, guys.

Just imagine someone, who:

1) has IBS-D (5-10 round trips to WC, loud bowels, gas and other shitty bowel problems).
    2) is skinny and unable to gain weight because of IBS-D, malnutrition or something like this. So no muscles, no great physique
    3) has narrow long face with big ears, which were covered by long hair
    4) is rapidly going bald in his late twenties (from no problems with hair till NW3 or NW3-a in 6 months). Another couple of months till no able to look at the mirror

And it's me.

I thought my life is a big mess because of first two problems and now baldness kicked in. My father lost his hair in a couple of months as I know.

Ah, I forgot to tell that my relationship with my parents is shitty too. Mother is not supportive and father is in another country, no much communication with him. Another reason to have big troubles in life.

And the only one compliments I have heard in my life was how nice my hair was.

Life is hard, guys. Almost no faith anymore

Quote Originally Posted by theodol View Post
    Life is a big not funny joke for someone, guys.

Just imagine someone, who:

1) has IBS-D (5-10 round trips to WC, loud bowels, gas and other shitty bowel problems).
    2) is skinny and unable to gain weight because of IBS-D, malnutrition or something like this. So no muscles, no great physique
    3) has narrow long face with big ears, which were covered by long hair
    4) is rapidly going bald in his late twenties (from no problems with hair till NW3 or NW3-a in 6 months). Another couple of months till no able to look at the mirror

And it's me.

I thought my life is a big mess because of first two problems and now baldness kicked in. My father lost his hair in a couple of months as I know.

Ah, I forgot to tell that my relationship with my parents is shitty too. Mother is not supportive and father is in another country, no much communication with him. Another reason to have big troubles in life.

And the only one compliments I have heard in my life was how nice my hair was.

Life is hard, guys. Almost no faith anymore
    See a doc about your gastric issues, and get malnutrition under control... hair loss is the least of your problems.

...Maybe see a shrink too? No?

Default ~

Quote Originally Posted by tedwuji View Post
    See a doc about your gastric issues, and get malnutrition under control... hair loss is the least of your problems.

...Maybe see a shrink too? No?

I have seen 7 of them. I have no IBD, I have no cancer, so I am not a very important patient for them. Maybe I have leaky gut or SIBO or something like that. The problem is that these conditions are chronic, hard to test and hard to treat. Nobody is capable of helping me in my little country :/ I am not able to gain even 1 kg no matter what I eat. The more I eat the more I shit. Sounds quite funny, but it's real for me.

I have seen one dermatologist in January. She just looked at my hair and prescribed me Minoxidil & multivitamins. No mentioning of androgens, no advice to see endocrinologist, no tests for malnutrition. I was optimistic and thought that multivitamins would help me. I was wrong. Much hair lost since then. I am seeing another dermatologist on Wednesday, I wish for the best.

Eh, my case is quite weird.
    My chronology:
    till ~ 26 birthday -> great hair, I am happy, everybody is happy
    ~ 27 birthday I noticed that something has changed. As I realise now all my head hair became thinner. Very bad and weak iteration of hair came.
    5 months ago I realised hair loss is happening (in MPB pattern, diffuse?), and my hair is so brittle right now. And I guess I have to say goodbye to my hair. There is one thing that worries me: I had thicker layer between skull and skin in January, it is gone now. Maybe my body got rid of some important layer for hair to grow? Weird sensation, surreal situation.

On the positive side, I have just found out I had severe vitamin D deficiency and maybe secondary aldosteronism. Some new info for me, something to look forward.

Quote Originally Posted by theodol View Post
    I have seen 7 of them. I have no IBD, I have no cancer, so I am not a very important patient for them. Maybe I have leaky gut or SIBO or something like that. The problem is that these conditions are chronic, hard to test and hard to treat. Nobody is capable of helping me in my little country :/ I am not able to gain even 1 kg no matter what I eat. The more I eat the more I shit. Sounds quite funny, but it's real for me.

I have seen one dermatologist in January. She just looked at my hair and prescribed me Minoxidil & multivitamins. No mentioning of androgens, no advice to see endocrinologist, no tests for malnutrition. I was optimistic and thought that multivitamins would help me. I was wrong. Much hair lost since then. I am seeing another dermatologist on Wednesday, I wish for the best.

Eh, my case is quite weird.
    My chronology:
    till ~ 26 birthday -> great hair, I am happy, everybody is happy
    ~ 27 birthday I noticed that something has changed. As I realise now all my head hair became thinner. Very bad and weak iteration of hair came.
    5 months ago I realised hair loss is happening (in MPB pattern, diffuse?), and my hair is so brittle right now. And I guess I have to say goodbye to my hair. There is one thing that worries me: I had thicker layer between skull and skin in January, it is gone now. Maybe my body got rid of some important layer for hair to grow? Weird sensation, surreal situation.

On the positive side, I have just found out I had severe vitamin D deficiency and maybe secondary aldosteronism. Some new info for me, something to look forward.

Hey man

In regards to the IBD, I was the same. The doctors didn't know what it was and I was constantly going to the toilet.

My advice, stop all dairy, sugary drinks/snacks and take probiotics. My IBD is pretty much gone now. I have regular bowel movements etc and can live life fairly normally. I also have eczema so I feel your pain.