+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Finasteride and HORMONES!!!

Yo I need to know,

I am a 22 yr old college student always had BEAUTIFUL blonde hair, and i still have long hair, but im about to hit a NW3 if not already, hairline still there but is about to go.

I've been reading The bald truth talk posts for about a month and have bee reading about propecia/finasteride for about 7 months and thought side effects were not worth it but now think nothing is worste than losing the hair

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME, what does it feel like to first start taking finasteride? what does your mind/body feel like? dropping down 60% DHT must make you feel more womanly or just lightheadedness or SOMETHING. please brothers, someone HELP!

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyBlonde View Post
    Yo I need to know,

I am a 22 yr old college student always had BEAUTIFUL blonde hair, and i still have long hair, but im about to hit a NW3 if not already, hairline still there but is about to go.

I've been reading The bald truth talk posts for about a month and have bee reading about propecia/finasteride for about 7 months and thought side effects were not worth it but now think nothing is worste than losing the hair

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME, what does it feel like to first start taking finasteride? what does your mind/body feel like? dropping down 60% DHT must make you feel more womanly or just lightheadedness or SOMETHING. please brothers, someone HELP!

thanks
    I feel the same except less sex drive and I get tired more easily.

I'm feeling nothing to be honest, but maybe 1 month is too little but itch is gone

Its not as bad for some ppl. Semens more watery. At first i got tired more easily and also lightheaded, but that went away after awhile.
    Im also on dut and that would really make me lightheaded and dizzy at times but it doesnt so much anymore either.
    You def wont feel like a woman. The desire is still there, just getting it up can be an issue from time to time.

all finasteride do to me is cause blocked Eye glands I get bubbles on my Eye lids and if I take fin everyday for a month my Eyes go super dry like sandpaper..takes a few Days to recover after I stop even RU58841 did the same thing since its an anti-androgen...this is my forth time trying FIN and yet again I get these tiny bubbles on my Eyelids..gotta admit defeat with fin.. I dont ever get sexuall sides or mental on FIN just Eye issues..bummer... I took fin Before for 1 month and 2 weeks..no sexuall sides whatsoever...every person is different all u can do is try.. but if ur so afraid of sides..please start with 0.25mg every 4 Days at first..and see what happens.. I have read guys getting results by taking a small dose every few Days..everyday is "overkill" its not needed trust me...

Quote Originally Posted by champpy View Post
    You def wont feel like a woman. The desire is still there, just getting it up can be an issue from time to time.
    are you ok with that?

Quote Originally Posted by pick View Post
    are you ok with that?
    For me it's the opposite, less desire but I get it up same as off the med.

I gave propecia a go after a visit with a local HT Doctor about two years ago. Within one month I had the sexual sides and they seemed pretty bad. Wayy lower libido and trouble getting an erection at all. I even went to a strip club for a buddy's birthday and I might as well have been gay- just zero arousal. I'm thinking about trying it again but I'm worried about the shed. Has anyone thought they had sides but possibly chalked it up to a placebo effect and had any luck the second go round?? Minox has helped, but I'm starting to see diminishing returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    I gave propecia a go after a visit with a local HT Doctor about two years ago. Within one month I had the sexual sides and they seemed pretty bad. Wayy lower libido and trouble getting an erection at all. I even went to a strip club for a buddy's birthday and I might as well have been gay- just zero arousal. I'm thinking about trying it again but I'm worried about the shed. Has anyone thought they had sides but possibly chalked it up to a placebo effect and had any luck the second go round?? Minox has helped, but I'm starting to see diminishing returns.
    I tried finasteride when it first was release for MPB some 20 year ago. I was on it for around a month (can't fully remember) but felt sexual side effects. Looking back I can't say that definitively as I also was very anxious about it and that can interfere with stuff like that.

For the past 1.5 months I have been using topical finasteride + 15% minioxidil (once per day) and have not had any sexual side effects. If anything, an increase in libido. I also take Tongkat Ali LJ100 by Olympus Labs. If you can find topical finasteride then I would try that first as I suspect system absorption is decreased.

Quote Originally Posted by rakewell View Post
    I tried finasteride when it first was release for MPB some 20 year ago. I was on it for around a month (can't fully remember) but felt sexual side effects. Looking back I can't say that definitively as I also was very anxious about it and that can interfere with stuff like that.

For the past 1.5 months I have been using topical finasteride + 15% minioxidil (once per day) and have not had any sexual side effects. If anything, an increase in libido. I also take Tongkat Ali LJ100 by Olympus Labs. If you can find topical finasteride then I would try that first as I suspect system absorption is decreased.
    You're the first person that I have seen online that is taking topical fin!!! Do you mind if I ask you some questions??

- Is it the Hasson and Wong formula?

- Did you get your DHT levels checked before starting the treatment?

- Has it stopped any shedding?

- How often do you have to apply it?

- Does it leave your hair feeling greasy?

- What concentration did you purchase?

Thanks in advance.