+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I was thinking about starting with .25 everyother day or every three days, I am so scared of the side effects, Spencer Kobren says he started Hairloss at 21 (i did at 20,) and he still has some of his hair and he thanks finasteride.. he's the only reason im about to take the plunge, If i keep my native hair tomorrow i will be ok, i feel so much pressure to take it to not lose more

Sure,

- Is it the Hasson and Wong formula?
    No, I purchased it from Minoxidil Max, 15% minoxidil and 1mg Finasteride. I have been using 0.75ml-1ml per day (morning). I like the idea of the Hasson gel as it's a liposomal preparation and I think it's the way to go for both minoxidil and finasteride. I might use that when it is released and available in Australia

- Did you get your DHT levels checked before starting the treatment?
    No, unfortunately not.

- Has it stopped any shedding?
    My head is shaved, I'm probably NW5+ so I did not notice any shedding.

- How often do you have to apply it?
    Once per day for the 15%, you can also apply a 5% daily but I don't

- Does it leave your hair feeling greasy?
    It does leave a residue after drying which has a slight light yellow color. I believe this is the azelaic acid in the formula. I usually moisturise after it dries to remove the residue. This might not be visible if you don't have a shaved head but I'm not sure how it will dry with longer hair.

- What concentration did you purchase?
    see above

Quote Originally Posted by pick View Post
    are you ok with that?
    Im not totally ok w it. It can be embarrasing and stressful to deal with. Thing is, if your lucky enough to have a sexy woman with you sometimes thats all it takes to get things working again.
    I tried to cut out dut cold turkey and i went through a huge drop in desire. Coulnt get it up at all.
    Now that i started bak on in think things are working more like they should

Since when is finasteride considered a cutting edge treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    Since when is finasteride considered a cutting edge treatment?
    Its the best thing we have still when you consider risk / benefit.

Has anybody ever had sides from fin, and gone the 'microdosing' route and had success? I've seen it talked about a lot but it doesn't make sense to me. I mean if the drug is working then the side effects should be present correct?

Anyway I'm just at a huge crossroads with my hairloss. It's thinning diffusely all over the place and I know that this pattern can be helped tremendously by fin. I tried it when I was 22 but after just three weeks, I was completely incapable of getting an erection and this lasted about a month. I was scared sh*tless. Reading about some of the horror stories of permanent impotence from the drug have led me to swear this stuff off but I'm not as optimistic about near treatments as a lot of people and I'm seriously considering giving it another go. Will it work if I split the dosage in half and alternate days? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    Has anybody ever had sides from fin, and gone the 'microdosing' route and had success? I've seen it talked about a lot but it doesn't make sense to me. I mean if the drug is working then the side effects should be present correct?

Anyway I'm just at a huge crossroads with my hairloss. It's thinning diffusely all over the place and I know that this pattern can be helped tremendously by fin. I tried it when I was 22 but after just three weeks, I was completely incapable of getting an erection and this lasted about a month. I was scared sh*tless. Reading about some of the horror stories of permanent impotence from the drug have led me to swear this stuff off but I'm not as optimistic about near treatments as a lot of people and I'm seriously considering giving it another go. Will it work if I split the dosage in half and alternate days? Thanks
    I used 1mg as prescribed for 1 year and stopped when I realized what it did to me. Watery semen, weak erection, weight gain, brain fog, stuttering issues when speaking, start of gyno/puffy nipples. It wasn't until I realized my hair wasn't really improving and also when a friend identified and called me out on the puffy nipple issue at a pool party did I realize I need to stop. I knew it was causing all the issues above, but I was determined to press forward because my hair was that important. I ended up dropping to .5mg after a year and stopped cold turkey after 14 months due to the above sides. Determined to never touch this again. I was actually very vocal on here about how bad Propecia was for me.

Fast forward 3 years later and swearing I would never touch the drug again, did I come to a place mentally where I had to decide if I was going to accept going bald (hair was getting worse at this point) or try FIN one more time, but this time as a low dose and through a generic brand. I thought about it for a few months and said to myself, "it took a while to get back to normal last time, but I did go back to normal. Why not try it one more time to save my hair?"

I started back on it at 0.25mg every 3 days. Outside of losing morning erections (same thing happened at 1mg) I felt fine. I did 0.25mg for 6 months and really had no issues with gyno, brain fog or the stuttering problems that haunted me at 1mg. Outside of losing morning erections and at "times" not the strongest erection, I felt good. So I decided to increase to 0.25mg twice a day. Morning and night. I literally have seen no negative impact side wise at this dose from 0.25mg every 3 days.

I still currently lose my morning erections from time to time, but no erectile issues when it comes down to it, no puffy nipples (so important not to have that), brain fog, etc.

I am truly happy I decided to try this drug again albeit a smaller dose. I have not and will not increase to 1mg daily. My hair loss has been stabilized and I'm content just in hoping my hair stays as is as long as I don't experience sides like I did at 1mg. It's my experience at 1mg at 25 years old that stops me from increasing. Don't break what's not broken is my mentality. Currently, I've been on 0.25mg twice a day for almost 2 years.

Hope my story helps. This coming from a dude that expressed how poisonous this drug was several years back. It was, but a smaller dose has worked for me. This is the only option for me to keep my hair or accept my fate. I'm just not ready to do that so I try to deal with the sides, although I'm fortunate they are minimal currently. If another treatment comes out that proves more effectively, I'll gladly stop. Until then and until I'm ready to have kids, I'll continue.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyBlonde View Post
    Yo I need to know,

I am a 22 yr old college student always had BEAUTIFUL blonde hair, and i still have long hair, but im about to hit a NW3 if not already, hairline still there but is about to go.

I've been reading The bald truth talk posts for about a month and have bee reading about propecia/finasteride for about 7 months and thought side effects were not worth it but now think nothing is worste than losing the hair

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME, what does it feel like to first start taking finasteride? what does your mind/body feel like? dropping down 60% DHT must make you feel more womanly or just lightheadedness or SOMETHING. please brothers, someone HELP!

thanks

I've been on it since your age until I was 25, and since then dutasteride (I'm 28 now) and I feel FINE. You won't know how you're affected till you try it but I rarely notice anything that could be attributed to it.

@StayThick

Thanks man, that was incredibly detailed and helpful and mirrors my own situation a bit. One more question. My 1mg pills that I threw out were capsules, but even so, how do you split the pills up so you know you're getting exactly .25 mg per dose? Are you just using a pill cutter and eye balling it? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    @StayThick

Thanks man, that was incredibly detailed and helpful and mirrors my own situation a bit. One more question. My 1mg pills that I threw out were capsules, but even so, how do you split the pills up so you know you're getting exactly .25 mg per dose? Are you just using a pill cutter and eye balling it? Thanks
    I have never used or even seen Fin capsules. Before I used name brand Propecia and now use a generic form from my doctor, but both were actual pills not capsules. I use a pill cutter and just cut each 1mg pill into 4 pieces. Really easy actually. I cut the 1mg pill in half and then cut each half down the middle.

I would give it a shot man if your adamant about saving your hair. Make no mistake about it, those that claim they have sides I'm sure are 100% true, but it differs from person to person and also how significant they are.

I wish I would have started at a low dose initially, but I didn't know what I know now. I also followed my derms instructions and he seemed clueless on the side issue.

Start at 0.25mg every 3rd day and move up to 0.5mg daily after a few months if you can tolerate it. Don't look for sides because mentally that will mess you up. You will know you have them if they happen so don't look for them or else don't even start the drug.

Fin has stabilized my hair loss and provide added thickness. It has not done much in terms of regrowth, but my hair looks much better now at 30 years old than 28...all using 0.5mg.

It's the best we have so I have to roll with it. Hopefully, it continues to buy me time until something better arrives. It's the best we can do or just waive the white flag and grab your razor.

Good luck man.