+ Reply to Thread

Default 16 with thinning hair

before anyone asks i wont post any pictures i just hate to see the top of my head anyways i'm 16 and i started to notice that i could see the top of my head though i thought it was normal i was told awhile ago that my hair is thin though i didn't pay much attention to it until my sister who cuts my hair told me its very thin i'm guessing i didn't notice because my hair wasn't cut for a long time and i usually get a buzz cut so it made it really stand out so now ive been very conscious of it now i'm worried of going outside because of the sun and people saying things about it i'm starting to go in depression because i just recently got gynecomastia it always seems there's problem after problem i will be going to a doctor soon but i'm worried that there isn't much he could do i just want something to restore the thickness i'm not losing any hairs it just seems to be receding into my scalp but my hairline isnt ive also noticed i get a'lot of scabs on my scalp they look bright red and sometimes it gets itchy i also used to take long showers the longest i ever took was 6 hours though it wasn't always that long usually 1/2 hours now i'm not saying thats good lol but it helped (i can already see the your parents must have a huge water bill jokes) but i'm taking that into factor since ive heard hot water can damage it i also went through a period where i had very long hair and didn't take care of it i'm also not the healthiest person around so i also could be lacking in vitamins there's so many things it could be
    is there anything i could take over the counter medicines anything i feel i'm to young to be losing my hair

Firstly, I'm not an expert but I know what it feels like to be going through medical problems at a young age.

IMO, it is better to post pics so members can ascertain some stuff. The majority of members here are not medical professionals from what I've seen, however they are knowledgable.

When you say you had scabs etc, where these yellow, and when you scratched, took out hair with them?

It sounds like you may have seberroiheic dermatitis, or eczema of the hair/scalp. I could be wrong but I highly recommend you see a doctor quickly

no there just bright red little scabs sometimes white or i guess kind of yellow there was a time where it was very itchy but ive never seen any strands of hair come out

Quote Originally Posted by Slick1789 View Post
    no there just bright red little scabs sometimes white or i guess kind of yellow there was a time where it was very itchy but ive never seen any strands of hair come out
    Regardless, I would get it checked out by a doctor If I were you.

yeah i'm going soon i just hope there's something that can be done