+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Looks like this will be a good improvement from your prior situation. It will be interesting to see your updates. Do you still have additional grafts available? Also would you happen to have any additional before photos you could post? Best of luck!

Thanks....I will post more before pictures in a future update.

I don't believe I have much if any donor remaining (and really don't want to use any). If I have additional work it will likely be from beard hair...

Another comment/question..... I never noticed my hair being so thin in the back around my strip scars. I am almost 2 months after surgery and have cut my hair a few times with a #3. The problem is that my hair seems so thin surrounding the scars that were repaired. I know I have to wait for the grafts to come in but I thought I would have thicker/fuller hair around the area. Could this be shock loss? If I was thin back there before, I hadn't noticed, maybe because my hair was still about 1 inch in length.

Also, I have tried toppik and dermmatch and I think I have chosen the right color of my hair. But, it's so thin in the area, it's still noticeable (I guess the contrast, thin hair near the darker areas where the concealer was added).

Yes more than likely your experiencing shock loss from your donor. Although I've never had FUE, it seems common this may take a few months to resolve.
    Looking forward to your future updates.

So, I'm at just about 2 months. There is not a lot to report so I didn't bother taking pictures.

Right side Donor Area- seems to be fully grown in.
    Left Side Donor Area - much slower to grow in, but is almost all the way back (based on my expectation level, hopefully will have some more hair to make fuller)

Recipient Area Top of head - I believe all the grafts have fallen out or are dormant. There appeared to be some initial growth early on, but has basically stopped. The past week I have seen some new hairs coming up; these are so small pictures would not really help. Basically, the only hair on my head is from before the procedure.

Recipient Area back of head/repair. Basically same as above, although it's really hard for be to see any growth from the angles I have.

I hope to report significant progress at 3 months, as many do, or may take longer......

Good luck mate! It's already looking like you're on your way to an improvement.

Bro, that is a lot of HT surgeries. I definitely hope you get what you are looking for from this round. You have definitely been through the mill. Keep us poster.