+ Reply to Thread

Default An Australian looking for information and reviews on Dr. Koray Erdogan, Asmed.

Hi Guys, i'm 24 years old and am experiencing hair loss. I want to nip this in the butt now. I don't want to hit 30 and look in the mirror to see a shiny, balding head. I have not found any promising surgeons or results in Australia and have been searching for weeks. My browser and search for the holy grail of HT keeps leading me back to Turkey and Dr. Koray Erdogan at the Asmed Clinic. I would be very grateful if all of you could post reviews, research and any other findings on this doctor and the clinic. Does he partake in the surgery at all for instance? If not is he there to support and keep an eye on the technicians doing it. Any information would be great.

Plenty of information on the various forums . As far as I'm aware , he designs the hairline and performs the recipient incisions - the rest is pretty much done by technicians ( although they are meant to be very experienced ).

Quote Originally Posted by lukag View Post
    Hi Guys, i'm 24 years old and am experiencing hair loss. I want to nip this in the butt now. I don't want to hit 30 and look in the mirror to see a shiny, balding head. I have not found any promising surgeons or results in Australia and have been searching for weeks. My browser and search for the holy grail of HT keeps leading me back to Turkey and Dr. Koray Erdogan at the Asmed Clinic. I would be very grateful if all of you could post reviews, research and any other findings on this doctor and the clinic. Does he partake in the surgery at all for instance? If not is he there to support and keep an eye on the technicians doing it. Any information would be great.
    Like Suarez said, Dr. Erdogan makes the incisions for the placement of grafts by his technicians. The extractions are performed by his technicians but from what I understand his lead technician "Dalek" (I'm not sure of the spelling) supervises this part of the procedures. She's been with Dr. Erdogan since the start of the clinic so the experience definitely is there.

One thing you have to understand is that "nipping" your hair loss in the butt doesn't stop your existing hair (the hair you have now) from falling out. You're really young so it stands to reason that giving serious consideration to prevention is the way to go for now. Once you feel the loss is stable, which you can't determine in just a few months, but rather years, then surgery can be considered but don't even begin to think of surgery without medical intervention and prevention first. That is simply setting you up for a lifetime of more surgery.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors