+ Reply to Thread

Default The Bernstein Before and After Finasteride Pictures Are Extremely Atypical, Right?

I've been on Finpecia for 5 months and I have seen no real change. Those pics depict not just maintenance but large amounts of regrowth.

The one change I have noticed is a significant reduction in nose hair and they seem to fall out on their own as well. Would take 100 more nose hairs that I had to tweeze daily to keep my head hair though.

How many photos are at 5 or even 10 months?
    Some of those photos are 2 years. Without photos is very hard to document progress. You only know you made progress when you started treatment and your hair goes from 60 to 0.

If you're not happy I'd switch to brand fin. I hear so much about generic is not effective as brand.

Would love brand fin but couldn't get a doctor to prescribe it.

And I hear you about patience and time but even still most comments you see on the forum seem to indicate maintenance only is the expectation if you're lucky. So the pics on the website are kind of misleading.

I read somewhere (I think it was Bernsteins blog) that he posts the best responding patients pictures there so it's not surprising that the results look so good. In addition, the age of the patients in most of the pictures seems to be 30s or younger that have the most regrowth which leads me to think their loss is more recent.

Quote Originally Posted by hanginginthewire View Post
    I've been on Finpecia for 5 months and I have seen no real change. Those pics depict not just maintenance but large amounts of regrowth.

The one change I have noticed is a significant reduction in nose hair and they seem to fall out on their own as well. Would take 100 more nose hairs that I had to tweeze daily to keep my head hair though.
    Yeah, those photos excited me too. Remember out of the hundreds, possibly thousands of people he prescribes fin to, those are just a lucky few. Every single day, I hear new accounts of complete disappointment with finasteride. Go on *** and you will see. It is a godsend for certain people, and for those, I am honestly really happy. For others, it really is a nightmare. If not for sides, then for rapidly accelerating MPB. The drug needs new side effect warnings, and one should DEFINITELY be - may rapidly increase hair loss. Hands down. 100%. It has happened to me, and countless others I converse with. It's complete f*cking bullsh*t.

Anyone else with thoughts on this?