+ Reply to Thread

Default Doubling the Dose on Fin?

I have been taking finpecia for about 5 months. Don't really have sides (some nut ache, up and down sex drive), and I have read elsewhere that some people take 1mg of fin in the morning and 1mg at night. I wouldn't even care if my sides increased if it would help halt hairloss or better yet spur regrowth.

Thoughts on upping the dosage on fin? I would take 5X the dose if it would work.

Have you considered Dutasteride? It is about 3x more potent than Finasteride and the study below shows a similar outcome for those on 0.5mg Dutasteride and 5mg Finasteride: http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/reso...s-finasteride/

Quote Originally Posted by rakewell View Post
    Have you considered Dutasteride? It is about 3x more potent than Finasteride and the study below shows a similar outcome for those on 0.5mg Dutasteride and 5mg Finasteride: http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/reso...s-finasteride/
    Thanks for the link. I hadn't ever considered DUT because I assumed the sides wouldn't be tolerable for me but after reading that, it sounds like it works a bit differently from fin (which I cannot take.) Has anybody had sexual sides on fin and then switched to DUT without an issue?

5mg of fin is actually equivalent to 0.1 mg of dut based on that table.

Indeed, although I haven't seen 0.1mg doses available. It's a shame that an additional group with Dutasteride usage of 0.5mg 2 X Week was not added to the study. This would be similar to a daily dose of 0.1mg over a 7 day period (0.7 mg Vs 1 mg).

Interesting thanks. Id consider dutasteride but since I've been balding so long (from about age 22 to 36, albeit really slowly) I worry taking the risk(s) of it isn't worth it. If you've been balding for a long time it sounds like regrowth is less likely. I will probably ride out fin for a full year and see what happens.