+ Reply to Thread

Default 20 years old, mature hairline or not?

I'm getting completely wrecked by my anxiety of whether or not I'm going bald. My parents and my girlfriend of three years say that I'm crazy because I'm not balding, and that my hair has always looked like that. I wouldn't know because I wore my hair in a solid bowl cut all the way through high school (somehow still got chicks, for some reason. I looked like crap back then). However, I do remember that I always had a naturally high hairline, and my friends would joke saying that if I even receded a little, it would look like I was going bald. I got a haircut for a job interview (use to wear it really long before), and I wore a beanie to school a lot because the hair cut was terrible. When my hair was short, I didn't notice my balding that much. It was when I grew my hair really long that I noticed my hair line in a mirror.

My hair is thick, there's no thinning anywhere around my head that I can tell. I pass the pull test in every location of my head, even in the corners of the temples. I can't pull out any hairs at all most of the time, and when I do, I only pull out one. I get the ones with the little white bulb at the end, which I read is good. The only place that I'm worried about is my left temple. My right temple is spot on. Honestly, if my left looked like my right, I probably wouldn't even be on this board right now. But anyways, here's some pictures. I know they're crappy; I had to use the camera on my mac.

Left temple: http://imgur.com/OeA9NQD

Right temple: http://imgur.com/WzwzH68

How far back the right temple goes: http://imgur.com/4TSyNxi

How far back the left temple goes: http://imgur.com/kdyWjpZ

As a further note, from the lowest point of my hairline, my temples are exactly one inch above that which I read is spot on with a mature hair line. However, the roundness of my left temple is what's causing me the most concern. I'm not shedding at all. I'm not pulling tons of hair when taking a shower or when styling my hair. And my hair looks good when wet, so no signs of diffuse thinning. I did have a scare about my crown at some point, but on further examination of old photos, it was nothing to worry about. So the only sign of MPB that I have is my hairline which has always been high, and a little receded since I was born. I was thinking that maybe this could be a mature hair line that just looks off because my hair was naturally receded to begin with?

First of all, I'm sorry nobody has taken the time to reply yet. It's a shame really... I don't know why some people just don't try help people out. Especially when you mention anxiety. As someone who deals with an anxiety disorder for the past 10 years of my life, I know how important this kind of help can be.

Your hairline would fall in to the "mature" category. If you've noticed change, perhaps you are receding. Monitor it and look at old pictures. If it was the same 1 year ago or more... you're probably not currently receding.

I agree with onthehair in regards to others replying. Everyone views posts for information and self comparisons, but very few want to help others - relative to the amount of people who view this forum. Although, you should get great advice from those who do respond. I also agree with his statement that currently you only appear to have a mature hairline. Keep an eye on it over the next six months to a year, and in the meantime do your homework on treatment options. I recommend taking pictures every two months for comparison. Keep positive and try not to obsess over it, as it can consume your life and happiness - I know from experience. Also, remember to pass on the support and help others even if it's just your opinion on their hair status! Good luck!!

[IMG][/IMG][QUOTE]Hey.

I hoped it turned out to be really helpful for you.

The people who commented above seem to well versed with the problem and I would sincerely want them to help me with the same dillemma.

I am 21 years old , currently facing the same problem of an extended right tempe ( Or maybe not, maybe it's just me).

I have had relatively thick hair throughout, but after getting a small haircut , I noticed a few minitorisations ( I hope I spelled it correctly ).

[IMG][/IMG]
    Hey.

My dad has had hairloss problems and is half bald while my moms dad is even bald, I , out of the all , had relatively thicker hair. Now, Going to the hereditary myth, I might be facing a receding hairline. But , I am still confused, Would really need some suggestions over here. Really anxious.

Forgot to mention, my hair are currently short, oily and slick

From the one image (the one above) I see no hair loss.

Genetics plays a big role. Buts it's not 100% genetic. There are other factors. So just keep an eye on things.

I can't see any balding but I am limited with the image you sent

Thank you for the advice, really.

Since you had a problem with the images, i GUESS, these photos will give you a better look of my current hairline. Although I haven't noticed alot of change in my hairline ( After looking at my old photos) , But as they aren't a good indicator, hence I would love some more advice from you guys.

https://imgur.com/a/BZoyM

https://imgur.com/a/EE0Of This is my right temple , with bit of a minituarisations. Is that a cause of concern ?

Not to forget , I have noticed a increase ( though a bit only ) in mituarisation near my right temple amd right centre part of my hairline ( Minituarisations were present on the left central part of hairline years back , though I didn't know what it meant back then. )

Please suggest.