+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	46183Do you mind me asking how much your surgeries were? I don't understand how guys can have one after the other.

This is a pic of my hair from last month. I know it's not very close up but gives you at least an idea of where I'm at.

Also my brother is not on treatment and yes his hair is worse at 43 than it was at 36. I have a maternal uncle who is pretty much slick bald up top and has been for decade or more (in his sixties now) my dad had hair into late 60s but thinned a lot.

And sorry again I know that pic is not very helpful just wanted to give something to go on presently. A closer shot and now that I've cut my hair shorter again would reveal a lot more thinning and miniaturization.

Quote Originally Posted by hanginginthewire View Post
    Also my brother is not on treatment and yes his hair is worse at 43 than it was at 36. I have a maternal uncle who is pretty much slick bald up top and has been for decade or more (in his sixties now) my dad had hair into late 60s but thinned a lot.

And sorry again I know that pic is not very helpful just wanted to give something to go on presently. A closer shot and now that I've cut my hair shorter again would reveal a lot more thinning and miniaturization.
    No no, regarding your brother, what I meant was how would HIS hair (when he was 36) compare to YOUR hair at age 36? If it was about the same, but it's much worse now, then you might expect that you'd lose a lot more hair in the next 7 years than you have during the past 7.

As for prices, I think top doctors' FUE prices are $6-8/graft. It's really hard to tell in your pic, but assuming you don't have crown loss, I'd GUESS you'd be looking at somewhere between 2000-3000 grafts for FUE. So maybe plan for like $18000? For FUT it would be more like $12000.

Waaaat? It's that much? That sounds crazy to me. My crown has minimal thinning/ minaturizing. My brother was similar to where I am now when he was 36 yeah. My other brother has no hairloss to speak of and he's 40. I'm totally shocked at your figures. And that's just for ONE procedure? I guess that settles that then cause there's no way I can swing that. I was gonna ask what people thought of this result, looks amazing to me (started as a norwood 5a) but I'm guessing he paid 30k or something:

Https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/album.php?albumid=802

Waaaat? It's that much? That sounds crazy to me. My crown has minimal thinning/ minaturizing. My brother was similar to where I am now when he was 36 yeah. My other brother has no hairloss to speak of and he's 40. I'm totally shocked at your figures. And that's just for ONE procedure? I guess that settles that then cause there's no way I can swing that. I was gonna ask what people thought of this result, looks amazing to me (started as a norwood 5a) but I'm guessing he paid 30k or something:

Https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/album.php?albumid=802
    Well he had 3217 grafts, and sometimes doctors give discounts if the grafts needed exceed [however many], so probably closer to 20k. With 3200 grafts out of the supply, and assuming he's got an average number, then maybe that's about half of his total, so maybe he'd be doing only one more procedure for a lifetime max cost of like $40k-45k? Obviously you're not gonna be doing 3 procedures of 5,000 grafts each.

You should visit the websites of a few renowned places like Hasson & Wong, Rahal, etc. and just submit your pictures and see what they say. Might prove me wrong. Plus, different doctors are known for slightly different strategies (some being more aggressive in density) and sometimes one will recommend a lower number of grafts. It's worth inquiring before you give up on the idea, it's not like you have to commit to anything.

Attachment 46183Do you mind me asking how much your surgeries were? I don't understand how guys can have one after the other.

This is a pic of my hair from last month. I know it's not very close up but gives you at least an idea of where I'm at.
    I would say you're betweeen class 2/3 probably closer to 3, i'm lucky enough to be in a position where I have financial stability and can afford top tier surgeons in the U.S. , I don't have any kids my car's paid off, instead of buying a new car I chose to spend the money on my hair. You can get affordable prices if you go to Turkey or India, there is also Dr. De Reys in Germany who charges $3 a graft, if you want to stay within the U.S. Dr. Vories charges $5 a graft you probably need about 2,000 grafts so that would be about 10K if you choose to stay in the U.S. Most surgeons have financing you can apply for, some even have 12 months no interest, so if you think about it 10K paid off in a year is like buying a cheap used car. Its all about perspective, if somebody told you a car was 10-15K you probably wouldn't bat an eyelid, but since its on your hair it changes things. My thinking is i'd rather spend money on myself with a result that will last a lifetime then spend it on a depreciating asset like a car.

My thinking is i'd rather spend money on myself with a result that will last a lifetime then spend it on a depreciating asset like a car.

I agree with everything you said completely except there is no guarantee whatsoever that it will last five years, let alone a lifetime. At least that's the impression everyone is leaving me with.