Exposure to freezing temperatures 3 days after FUE procedure - Any risk to FUE graft?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FUEPatient
    • Apr 2016

Exposure to freezing temperatures 3 days after FUE procedure - Any risk to FUE graft?

Hi Everyone,

I just had my first FUE procedure done last week, and while I've been avoiding sun as directed, nobody said anything about cold temperatures affecting the success of the surgery.

I had about 2,200 grafts implanted using manual FUE, and have been caring for it as directed. However, on day 3 after the surgery, I foolishly went outside for about 10 minutes in near freezing temperature. I didn't wear a hat, as I didn't want to dislodge the newly implanted grafts. When I got back home, my head and hands were very cold, but there were no signs of frostbite.

Could this kind of exposure to cold air harm the newly transplanted grafts or affect their ability to grow later on? Any educated responses would be greatly appreciated as I am totally freaked out that I might have just ruined my HT!

Many thanks,

FUE Patient
  • GNX
    • Dec 2012

dude relax has absolutely no affect. ur body temp stays the same

Comment

• WHTC Clinic
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Oct 2013

I would not worry so much about the temperature. The grafts should be fine if there was no blood loss. What was the actual temperature?
      Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
      London, UK - Available (Sat.)
      Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
      Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
      Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
      customer.care@mywhtc.com
      Telephone
      +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
      +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
      les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Comment

Working...