+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Propecia

Thumbs down Propecia

Hi

Ive been on propecia for 1 month and 1 week and i have 3 weeks left till i finish my 2nd month of brand name propecia.

However

I just purchased a one month supply of generic propecia called "actavis finastride 1mg" its roughly £20 cheaper than propecia for a 1 month supply.

It cost £184 for 1 YEAR supply of generic fin
    Compared to boots(where i bought propecia from) sell 6 month supply of brand name for £190!!!... you basically get DOUBLE if you buy generic.

My question is has anyone used the "actavis finastride" 1mg and have seen results? Or any other generic fin?

Another question has anyone used fin with side effects during the first few months and does it go away with continued use?

The side effect i can feel so far is decreased ejaculation sensation.. im hoping with continued use it would go away. Has sides gone away from anyone on this forum with continued use?

I think it even says on the leaflet side effects go away with continued use..

Also i am 19 and my hairline is thinning so i started taking propecia, and ever since i started propecia my hair everywhere on top has thined out, am i going thru a shedding phase? just incase anyone wanted to know.

Thanks

I use 5 mg actavis finastride and have decent results.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    I use 5 mg actavis finastride and have decent results.
    Nicee, i thought of going on 5mg and spliting the pills... but i tried spliting my 1mg in half with pill cutter and still comes out un even.

I dont think id be able to split a pill EVENLY in half let alone 4 times considering the 5mg is same size as 1mg

Quote Originally Posted by King0 View Post
    Nicee, i thought of going on 5mg and spliting the pills... but i tried spliting my 1mg in half with pill cutter and still comes out un even.

I dont think id be able to split a pill EVENLY in half let alone 4 times considering the 5mg is same size as 1mg
    I think all that matters is you get roughly 1 mg a day that's all that matters. Finasteride has a fairly flat dose response curve and studies show .2 mg is nearly as effective as 1 mg.

Quote Originally Posted by King0 View Post
    It cost £184 for 1 YEAR supply of generic fin
    Compared to boots(where i bought propecia from) sell 6 month supply of brand name for £190!!!... you basically get DOUBLE if you buy generic.

My question is has anyone used the "actavis finastride" 1mg and have seen results? Or any other generic fin?

Another question has anyone used fin with side effects during the first few months and does it go away with continued use?

The side effect i can feel so far is decreased ejaculation sensation.. im hoping with continued use it would go away. Has sides gone away from anyone on this forum with continued use?

I think it even says on the leaflet side effects go away with continued use..
    Hello,
    You are right, generics are much more cheaper than the brands.
    I buy generic finasteride online at ok-pharmacy. It is produced by Cipla - Finpecia and works good for me. As about the Actavis, I've been taking some other medications produced by this company and the drugs were effective.

I haven't experienced side effects, but I have learned from others, that side effects usually pass away with some time.