+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Histogen news

Default Histogen news

https://www.gtcbio.com/conferences/s...ization-agenda

I found this on hairloss cure 2020 in the comment section , thanks to bob
    I know alot of people have wrote histogen off but maybe we shouldnt yet. You have to scroll all the way to the end to find article .

Anybody have any input on these results? Im trying to figure out if the 49% increase is 49% more then the last test results,or, are they saying they can regrow half your hair .

"We studied the effects of this human cell-derived formulation, termed Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC), in two double-blind, placebo-controlled trials in male pattern baldness. 26 subjects received four 0.1cc intradermal injections at baseline in our proof-of concept (POC) study. Trichoscan analysis of HSC-treated sites at 12 and 52 weeks showed improvements in hair growth over the placebo. At the 12-week evaluation period, HSC-treated sites demonstrated an increase in hair shaft thickness (6.3%±2.5% vs. -0.63%±2.1%; p=0.046), thickness density (12.8%±4.5% vs. -0.2%±2.9%; p=0.028), and terminal hair density (20.6±4.9% vs. 4.4±4.9%; p=0.029). At one year, an increase in total hair count (p=0.032) continued to be seen. Doubling the number and frequency of injections in a Phase I/II 56 subject study resulted in a 46.5% increase in total hair at week 12 as compared to the POC trial (p=0.0013). The primary efficacy endpoint of increased terminal hair at 12 weeks was met, with a 49.5% increase over the same endpoint in our proof-of-concept trial. At the 48 week time point there continued to be an increase in total hairs over baseline (p=0.028). Additional dose ranging clinical studies utilizing the isolated growth factors are being conducted to evaluate the safety and efficacy of this formulation in subjects with androgenetic alopecia. The CCM is also being studied in other applications where stimulation of endogenous stem cells may be of an aesthetic or therapeutic advantage."

Well I think it's safe to say it won't bring back half a head's worth of hair in 12 weeks...

Check out the speakers. Maybe Spencer can line up some Q&A. I know last time we mentioned sending someone the posts got deleted.

I think 12?weeks is enough time for hair to start showing - i have a big beard grown in at that time frame

great find, thanks for sharing

apparently this is old news.... They are presenting the same information they have over the past year. Not a very good sign.

Why is that a bad sign? We know they plan on bigger trials before releasing it and it's far too soon to expect any results from that, so...

California (someday), Eastern Europe (currently)

I've read some previous discussions on the topic and I've seen people being sceptic about this. I get that, but here's my question: if that's a scam, why is it not hard for them to pull it off? Doesn't whatever they claim get validated? I mean, if not, then anyone can claim they got the cure and just start raising funds. Sorry if this is a silly question, just trying to justify my hope here

It's not that simple.

Investors (especially American VCs) won't invest unless there is a HIGHLY likely chance of a 10X return of investment.

If Histogen needed say 10M to do all the FDA tests remaining than the investor wants 100M return.

Now imagine the FDA might say no.

That's gotta be a consideration going through their mind, one of they many.

I just don't see it as being that simple.