Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anshulkharb
    • Mar 2016

Important question regarding use of minoxidil

I'm 20 year old and has been experiencing a lot of hair fall.
    I've been using minoxidil 5% since last 20 days, but my hair fall is consistent, in fact it has increased. Any suggestions?
  • Artista
    • Apr 2010

Welcome to this great forum Anshulkharb -hello!

Minoxidil takes many months (4+) to start to show improvements to ones hair.
    Do not allow your supposed 'hair fall' to affect you.
    Also, Do NOT ALLOW yourself to become worried and stressed out over possibilities.
    That will only cause MORE problems to your hairline,,and to your health!!
    I am here to try to help you with commonsense right now.
    My friend, being that you are ONLY 20 years old, you need to 'step back' a little and CONSIDER a better point of view here.
    Could you PLEASE take photos of your hairline and post them here?
    No worries,,you will NOT be judged!
    You need NOT show your face if you dont want to.
    No one here NEEDS to see your face of course,,just your hairline.
    Minoxidil has a very long history of HELPING ones hair!!
    It just takes some time.
    Anshulkharb, I hope that you respond and that other positive members here also chime in for you.
    Take care bro! Cheers.

Comment

• Fortunate Son
      • Dec 2015

I've been using it for little over a month now and for about a week or so I've been losing muuuch less hair than I did before I started. I'm not 100% that's just the minoxidil though. I have been chronically underweight (BMI of 16) for years and wasn't eating right the past months/years, I have been eating more appropriately for about 2 months now. I was also on Finasteride for 3 weeks, I quit that two weeks ago because of the side effects. About a week after I quit I noticed my hairshedding substantially decreased. I hope it's because of the diet and minoxidil. I was easily counting more than 100 hairs a day (50+ in the shower, 50+ when I ran my hands through my hair at night, plus random loose hairs throughout the day). Now I barely count 15 in the shower, hardly any throughout the day or at night. I can't tell you exactly if it's because of the diet, minoxidil, or even a delayed response to the finasteride I did for 3 weeks (god I hope not though, because the side effects from finasteride are not worth it for me).

So it was around the 30-day mark for me that I started noticing my hair shedding became much less than baseline. I didn't really experience an increased shed from minoxidil.

Comment

• anshulkharb
        • Mar 2016

My hair loss didn't stop. But since last 20 days hair fall has increased by 2-4 times. And from last week hair fall has increased by 5-10 times. I'm scared seeing so much hair loss.

Comment

• anshulkharb
          • Mar 2016

Is it also normal?

Comment

Working...