+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Dosing question here :

According to their prescription, it's a 2.5% solution (https://hassonandwong.com/wp-content...eride-form.jpg)

1 ML daily dose = 25mg Finasteride. They claim only 1/18th goes systemic. 25/18 = ~1.39 mg finasteride systemically absorbed.(Is that what they mean by serum levels are 1/18th? that's just a little confusing to me) That's more than the standard Fin oral dose, is it not?

Am i missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by nobs View Post
    Valid point, I was a little stumped by this at first since I forgot finasteride was an AR type 2 inhibitor and not a dht inhibitor. However, balding scalps have higher expression of 5 alpha reductase type II and when people take oral finasteride, their scalp dht levels only go down by roughly 40-50% from one of the studies I have seen on propecia, meaning their isn't a complete equilibrium between the scalp and blood levels of dht. Maybe dht produced in the prostate doesn't have the same deleterious effects on the hair follicle idk.
    Yeah but we dont know the relative amounts of 5ar2 activity in scalp vs in other areas of the body (or do we?), if there is a very high concentration of 5ar2 in scalp then this product has the possibility of working well. But if the concentration is highest elsewhere in the body, then a non systemic topical is next to useless is it not? But i think we already had this discussion in another thread

Quote Originally Posted by barfacan View Post
    Dosing question here :

According to their prescription, it's a 2.5% solution (https://hassonandwong.com/wp-content...eride-form.jpg)

1 ML daily dose = 25mg Finasteride. They claim only 1/18th goes systemic. 25/18 = ~1.39 mg finasteride systemically absorbed.(Is that what they mean by serum levels are 1/18th? that's just a little confusing to me) That's more than the standard Fin oral dose, is it not?

Am i missing something?
    As far as I can tell, your math is spot on. And equally as befuddled.

What we need is something like this:

What we need is a DHT receptor blocker that works on the hair follicle. I can see a liposomal topical working that way.

Quote Originally Posted by barfacan View Post
    What we need is a DHT receptor blocker that works on the hair follicle. I can see a liposomal topical working that way.
    Yeah we do. CB has been in development for years and its still like 4 or 5 years until we ever actually get it. It just takes forever to actually release anything. Anything thing else just is underground and never gets the scale or numbers to become that cost effective. Not to mention safety and all that never really happens. Look at RU no one has clue if its safe or not many years after forum people have been using it anyway
    Maybe someone can test the potency of RU and we get a legit company making it formulated as a real topical product. DHT receptor blockers exist just none ever get finished. They come and go no company ever actually finishing one of them

I emailed the italian pharmacy and it seems they will make it in lower concentrations. They sent me a prescription to be filled out by my doctor for a .5% solution when I requested it.

does anyone know a doctor in france who would accept to make such prescription? Until now they have all refused to write me one.

Quote Originally Posted by nobs View Post
    liposome.
    So as far as I know you're the only person on this forum using it.. How long have you been on it? Notice any difference? Ton of questions!

I went to my GP here in the UK, and they won't fill the form out. And when I go to a private Dermatologist, they will only prescribe their own more expensive brand of oral fin. So I don't really know how we're supposed to get this topical. I'm also a little bit surprised that no one has done a DHT test before taking the new topical and after a few weeks to see if it does go systemic or not. I would do it but it will cost a lot to test. Maybe I should do a go fund me start up that will pay for the tests so we can all know for sure before taking it.