+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunate Son View Post
    I don't think it's really about having the balls. I just approached it as a logical decision. Every research about finasteride points to side effects being uncommon and completely reversible. All this talk about Post-Finasteride Syndrome is not very impressive if you look at the data. How many millions of men have been taking finasteride 5mg daily for prostate issues since 1992? I'm not saying I put all of my faith into Merck's clinical trial data, but 24 years of people taking finasteride safely versus a couple hundred/thousand people who recently started claiming finasteride gave them permanent erectile dysfunction? Something that can be caused by anything, or something vague like 'brain fog' which is too subjective to really measure, and this all coming from guys who are dealing with hair loss, which has its effects on mental health? I'll take my chances.

I felt like it was common sense that the only way to decide if propecia is worth it is to try and see what it does to me, since there's no other way to tell. I took it for three weeks. I lost morning wood and spontaneous erections. I didn't miss the awkward-situation boners, but I could only get boners by stimulating myself. I still masturbated daily, once I even managed three times in one day, but my orgasms were less intense. After three weeks of this I decided I just didn't want sex or masturbation at 70% enjoyment. Wasn't worth it. I stopped taking it and after 6 days I was all back to normal. Sex feels amazing, just like it always did. Just like how the drug is supposed to work according to the studies.

So there's my thought process. I tried it, had side effects, decided it's not worth it for me, quit, back to normal.
    It's interesting how people are so trusting of clinical data when just a few years ago Vioxx was proven safe by clinical data and ended up killing 38,000 people. Merck owes 4.85 billion now for it...