Desmond -- Update us on your topical fin experiment?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maddy17
    • Jan 2014

so do you think topical Dut has same potential? Fin has a molecular weight of somewhere around 325 daltons, where as Dut is 528, which is over the 500 Dalton skin absorption threshold rule, but GSK says in packaging info can be absorbed through skin, or is that just GSK CYA lawyers?

Comment

• maddy17
      • Jan 2014

Desmond, so from what I have read Fin has a molecular weight near 325 daltons, but Dut has a molecular weight of around 528 daltons...just a bit over that 500 topical absorption limit. But all the documentation from GSK says women should not handle open capsules due to skin absorption, and that women can absorb vaginally from semen and such (granted mucosal membranes have different absorption potentials). So do you think Dut is absorbable transdermally?

Comment

• Rizaan
        • Dec 2014

I just started using 0.1% finesteride topically (with 5% minoxidil, both in a lipid solution), which is equivalent to 1mg per 1 ml. I feel like that is too much for someone just starting out. Can I add some minoxidil 5% (with aminexil) to dilute the finesteride a bit? I want to do the tapering method.

Comment

• marklin
          • Jan 2017

Dr. Wesley sale topical finesteride in the US.
          Dr. Carlos K. Wesley is a best hair restoration doctor in NYC and their medical hair loss process has been approved by F.D.A. for excellent result.

1050 Fifth Avenue
          New York, NY 10028
          (844) 745-6362

Comment

• d3nt3dsh0v3l
            • Aug 2016

I'm interested in updates! What's the vehicle?
            I am contemplating getting H&W's liposomal fin. They seem like reputable transplant surgeons and their clinic claims that nobody has side effects on the topical (but there is a user that I saw on here that claimed he was using the same and did indeed experience side effects). If I end up going through with it, I will make sure to get my bloodwork done before and after. There's no point in taking it if it goes systemic since it's relatively expensive and I don't feel comfortable taking oral finasteride .

Comment

• robodoc
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Rizaan
              I just started using 0.1% finesteride topically (with 5% minoxidil, both in a lipid solution), which is equivalent to 1mg per 1 ml. I feel like that is too much for someone just starting out. Can I add some minoxidil 5% (with aminexil) to dilute the finesteride a bit? I want to do the tapering method.
              Sure you can dilute the finasteride with Minoxidil. The minox is in a hydro-alcoholic base so very suitable for dilution of many medicatins and Minix has a low interaction profile.

Comment

• d3nt3dsh0v3l
                • Aug 2016

Originally posted by k9gatton
                I've been using topical Finasteride (the equivalent of one milligram, or .1% ml per gram) for over two years.

It has DEFINITELY helped my hair, no question. My hair is much densely populated.

Anybody interested in updates?

Topical is slightly more effective, for combating androgen alopecia. In general, it stops
                around seventy six percent DHT formation.

Solid Finasteride only stops an average of seventy percent.

That said, the side effects are probably the same for both.

Haven't had any sides, I'm happy to say.
                Yo k9gatton,

Mind giving an update? What type of topical do you use? Is it liposomal?

Comment

Working...