+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    Shouldn't stem cells be one of the safest routes possible? What on earth is the holdup to getting human trials off the ground and running?
    I think the problem is differentiation. It's what generally holding the field back. How do you instruct a stem cell to become a DP cell. The way I understand it is that that's the biggest hurdle to be taken.

And then getting stem cells itself is currently still a very complex process with high risks of generated stem cells going cancerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt_M3geYchc

I wouldnt be surprised if she's related to Dr Nigam, LOL.

I predicted these type of people would come and go until we have a real cure (in 10, 20, 30 years ?). Unfortunately, so far it seems I'm spot on.

Of course at this point it's speculation but man seeing that woman talking about micro pigmentation 1.5 year ago and now she's found answers to the questions regarding stem cells that the smartest researchers in the world dont have any answers to ?

We're so far away from a stem cell cure, it's quite sad actually. Tsuji Labs still doing experiments on damn mice ... That tells us enough.
    The smartest researchers in the world aren't working on MPB. cots etc. are second or third rate researchers. They're the best hair loss researchers in the world.

Like how there is a difference between the best restaurant in your city and being the best chinese restaurant in your city.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    The smartest researchers in the world aren't working on MPB. cots etc. are second or third rate researchers. They're the best hair loss researchers in the world.

Like how there is a difference between the best restaurant in your city and being the best chinese restaurant in your city.
    True. There are only maybe 100 hair loss researchers all around the world. Most of the researchers are interested in cancer, heart, brain, lung science than hair loss. On MPB i will say works fourth rate researchers.

My opinion is that if you merge top 5 universities in the world to solve hair loss problem they will do that within 5 years. In last 15 years progress has been made, but maybe hair loss is too hard to be solve? Who knows...

Finally somethign we agree upon Yes of course I was talking about the smartest researchers in this field. But then again, I'm actually happy that more researchers work at trying to solve cancer than hairloss. Compared to cancer, hairloss is just a joke. It would be nice to see it solved though one day But I've already come to terms that that's not going to happen for us anymore. Maybe our children though, if they're lucky.

Never underestimate the power of capitalism. The fact that there are so many entrenched teams already working on cures for diseases like cancer may make it less appealing to people looking to enter the field of regenerative medicine. They may feel they're already too far behind, and it's also conceivable that a researcher views cancer as something that may simply never be cured.

Hair loss on the other hand, is a wide open market. Go to any public setting and bald guys are around in droves. I would guess that 9 out of 10 wish they weren't, and would s'gladly spend 'X' amount of disposal income to reverse their fortune. A true maintenance option that is more effective and much safer than fin could stand to make billions. Obviously studying the deadly diseases is more noble and important, but I don't think it's as practical. That's what I keep telling myself anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    Never underestimate the power of capitalism. The fact that there are so many entrenched teams already working on cures for diseases like cancer may make it less appealing to people looking to enter the field of regenerative medicine. They may feel they're already too far behind, and it's also conceivable that a researcher views cancer as something that may simply never be cured.

Hair loss on the other hand, is a wide open market. Go to any public setting and bald guys are around in droves. I would guess that 9 out of 10 wish they weren't, and would s'gladly spend 'X' amount of disposal income to reverse their fortune. A true maintenance option that is more effective and much safer than fin could stand to make billions. Obviously studying the deadly diseases is more noble and important, but I don't think it's as practical. That's what I keep telling myself anyway
    I think the problem is though that you can't just throw a billion usd at it and expect to have a cure. A lot of fundamental information is missing and fundamental research is key here I think. That's also the good news though, because a researcher that's working on stem cells to solve parkison for example might actually one day make a breakthrough that will help cloning hair.

Oh man this has got Dr Nigam 2.0 written all over it. There is no way a random company would suddenly produce fully functional hair follicles without having one single expert in tissue engineering on their scientific board!

They provide no pictures, no proof, no explanation as to what they solved. Be careful guys. A few members fell for a similar hype a few years back, flew to India and risked it all with Dr Nigam. We never heard from them again. God knows what happened to them.

Do not fall for it. Wait it out and read the discussions here. Do not fly over there under any circumstances until we find out who the hell these guys are!

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Oh man this has got Dr Nigam 2.0 written all over it. There is no way a random company would suddenly produce fully functional hair follicles without having one single expert in tissue engineering on their scientific board!

They provide no pictures, no proof, no explanation as to what they solved. Be careful guys. A few members fell for a similar hype a few years back, flew to India and risked it all with Dr Nigam. We never heard from them again. God knows what happened to them.

Do not fall for it. Wait it out and read the discussions here. Do not fly over there under any circumstances until we find out who the hell these guys are!

I doubt this will be available before 2018.... by the time they get everything set up there in terms of equipment and people

I doubt this will be available before 2018.... by the time they get everything set up there in terms of equipment and people
    Maybe they can buy Dr Nigam's pizza oven to quickly set them up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Maybe they can buy Dr Nigam's pizza oven to quickly set them up ?
    I guess it depends on if they can acquire the needed amount of garlic and pepperonis for the proper 3d hanging droplet scaffolding