+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Great to see your response again Borntoosoon!!
    I'm quite busy right now and I certainly will respond better later on,
    (we're going on vacation)
    But I'd like to thank you for your 'Lennon' painting complement!
    Yes that is my painting!
    I'm a professional artist (of course I still have to have my regular job too)
    When John Lennon was murdered in 1980
    I made a very good portrait painting of him one week after he died!
    I was so very heartbroken!
    The portrait painting that you see here I created of John Lennon one year after his passing, on July-1981.
    Maybe sometime later I'll post the 1980 portrait John Lennon too!
    Thank you bro!!

I've been thinking about your original post a bit and I have to say that it's pretty fcked up that she said that to you. Imagine if you went up to a girl and said "Oh, you are so fat and have all those wrinkles around your eyes. It must be hard to meet a man carrying around all that extra weight and looking so old." If you said that to her she would probably have a mental breakdown. It's easy to tear someone down. I'm also glad to hear that you are in the same age range as some of us. I'm in my late 30's and most of the guys I know have some degree of hair loss. All I know is that women who judge men by those very unrealistic standards end with a few cats and a lot of regrets. Anyway, I want to also let you know that I take Dutasteride on a daily basis and have been on that for several years now. Prior to that I was taking Propecia. Neither of these medications has affected my libido in the slightest and I've basically stopped losing hair. I can even gain hair depending on my Dutasteride dosing. The cost of this medication keeps me in the .5 to 1.5mg range as a daily regiment.
    Also, I've been losing hair since I was 15, so the process for me has been a lifelong adventure. But it's totally ok! The only time it's ever affected me is when I let it affect me. So I definitely don't want anyone here to feel like the dread of hairloss stays with you forever. Especially for guys! I find it weird if you don't lose any hair!

how much donor hair do u have left and wat about beard and chest hair how much u got? post some pix of the back of ur head

Inactive

Hey man. Good to see you're getting positive support and hopefully a new perspective. I'm sure every single one of us have been where you are at some point, whether it be about our hair or any other number of things that can make us insecure in this world - so you're definitely not alone. (And for what it's worth, I bet even you're "physically perfect" friend has these moments too where he feels crappy and insecure.)

May I play devil's advocate and be blunt for a moment? (And if this is totally off base, just ignore this - but I promise my intentions are good). I noticed in your original post two things that stood out to me when explaining your insecurities. One was that you have no problem talking to "attractive" women... And the other stemmed from a conversation you had with a "younger" girl. The only reason I bring this up is because I wonder if there's a part of you that is getting in your own way when it comes to finding love and happiness. This is extremely common, and something we're all capable of doing if we're not aware of it. Because here's the thing - the way you describe yourself otherwise (fit, sharp, youthful) tells me that you would be a good catch for someone. I know tons of guys who are overweight and bald and rude and THEY have significant others... Or guys that aren't that smart that have significant others.... My point is that there's someone/many people out there for every single one of us. This is a big world with lots of fish in the sea. And I may be wrong, but I wonder if a part of you is too focused on the young and pretty girls that you end up being judgmental to the girls who are "older and less attractive", just like you say the young and pretty ones are to you. I wonder if there's just a little bit of truth in that (and it's totally natural if there is - wouldn't make you a bad guy, just a normal one). This is in no way to say that you're a judgmental asshole, but it is something we all have to be aware of. What if there's a great girl out there for you that you're completely writing off because she's not attractive enough? Wouldn't you then be doing the same thing to them that you're accusing these younger, attractive girls of doing?

Who knows - you may be going after these "older, less attractive" girls and getting rejected as well - in which case, disregard everything I said. But based on the information you gave, it may be something worth looking into. And you may be the only one standing in the way of you and your next big love affair.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Thanks for posting, Borntoosoon.

Like yourself, I can't shave my head - the huge bump I have on my head along with my pointy ears just doesn't work. Maybe I could go into acting - I'd make a great bald Captain Spock!

I understand the social complications you have to deal with, especially attracting women. It sucks, but for me there's a lot more to life than finding a female. I try to appreciate my single life and the freedom I have. Hobbies are a great way of keeping me busy. Personally I love photography and it encourages me to get out and travel more. Travelling to exotic places is a real eye opener and I often find it brings me down to earth a bit. I also try to eat well and keep active - which is good for keeping your spirits up and it certainly won't do your hair any harm either.

Stay safe and take care.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelgranger65 View Post
    Well, this is my first post on the forum even though I've been lurking on and off for a few years. I like to check in and see what's going on in the world of hair-loss from time to time. So, losing your hair sucks but as you get older you start to have more companions in that regard. I always want to tell the younger guys that irrespective of your hair situation, things get much much better in regards to your relationships with women. I don't know how old you are but I can say that age favors men in a way that it doesn't favor women. Also, women are often attracted to men many years their senior. This could be for a number of reasons, but you have to keep in mind that men are visual creatures by nature. Trust me. Women do not judge you as harshly as you judge them or yourself based on appearance. They truly are different then us and as I got older it's something I took notice of. I have so many guy friends that are totally bald and get with women all the time. Some are married, some are single but all of them do just fine.
    Are you implying women 18-24 years old dislike a shaved bald head? That is false.

Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    Hey man. Good to see you're getting positive support and hopefully a new perspective. I'm sure every single one of us have been where you are at some point, whether it be about our hair or any other number of things that can make us insecure in this world - so you're definitely not alone. (And for what it's worth, I bet even you're "physically perfect" friend has these moments too where he feels crappy and insecure.)

May I play devil's advocate and be blunt for a moment? (And if this is totally off base, just ignore this - but I promise my intentions are good). I noticed in your original post two things that stood out to me when explaining your insecurities. One was that you have no problem talking to "attractive" women... And the other stemmed from a conversation you had with a "younger" girl. The only reason I bring this up is because I wonder if there's a part of you that is getting in your own way when it comes to finding love and happiness. This is extremely common, and something we're all capable of doing if we're not aware of it. Because here's the thing - the way you describe yourself otherwise (fit, sharp, youthful) tells me that you would be a good catch for someone. I know tons of guys who are overweight and bald and rude and THEY have significant others... Or guys that aren't that smart that have significant others.... My point is that there's someone/many people out there for every single one of us. This is a big world with lots of fish in the sea. And I may be wrong, but I wonder if a part of you is too focused on the young and pretty girls that you end up being judgmental to the girls who are "older and less attractive", just like you say the young and pretty ones are to you. I wonder if there's just a little bit of truth in that (and it's totally natural if there is - wouldn't make you a bad guy, just a normal one). This is in no way to say that you're a judgmental asshole, but it is something we all have to be aware of. What if there's a great girl out there for you that you're completely writing off because she's not attractive enough? Wouldn't you then be doing the same thing to them that you're accusing these younger, attractive girls of doing?

Who knows - you may be going after these "older, less attractive" girls and getting rejected as well - in which case, disregard everything I said. But based on the information you gave, it may be something worth looking into. And you may be the only one standing in the way of you and your next big love affair.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.
    There's nothing wrong with needing and expecting an attractive girl, looks are step one, bald guys can still get 7-10 range looking girls if they shave or at least keep it very short.

Seems like you are saying you are confident but in reality you have doubts which contribute to low self-esteem. There are so many procedures you can try today and the best thing to do is talk to your doctor for now to give you proper advises on which kind of procedure is just right for you in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexieJ View Post
    Seems like you are saying you are confident but in reality you have doubts which contribute to low self-esteem. There are so many procedures you can try today and the best thing to do is talk to your doctor for now to give you proper advises on which kind of procedure is just right for you in the future.
    Where do you see the doubts? I posted a question to which I knew the answer to, I told them when I first noticed my hair was going (from shock slope is mind you my body lost hair as well luckily kept eyebrows so no, no treatment) I was nervous yes, but when I shaved my head and seen how well I looked bald? I didn't care, I was free and the best part is now that I know I look young shaved bald I'll stay looking 21-22 unless I wrinkle early or something. Point is; my hair doesn't bug me and I posted to try to get some hope to those guys here who are young losing hair, telling them not to buy into the garbage that many of these guys slew about hair loss being the end all etc. also you replied to something else about my age compared to women's? I don't get that as I'm 20 myself and look 22 ish so I don't look old but I didn't understand your point there. Anyway I came on here to give other young guys hope and show them bald is nowhere near what so many defeatists here say. True I only log on once a year but hey, haha so if I don't reply that's why, I don't have time for pity parties some guys like Fred cry about on here. Not saying you do I don't know you but you get my point, my non responsiveness is not because of a lack of confidence haha. Believe me you don't become one of the youngest skydivers in your state by being meek and self conscious.

Also realized you may not have been replying to me, my bad my browser notified me strangely.