+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just a bad day

Unhappy Just a bad day

Hi everyone

I started balding when I was about 15-16 (more than 10 years ago).

I used to spend hours in front of the mirror obsessing over hair loss patches, crying over hair loss, worrying over my looks. I have come a long way since then - thank God for maturity !

I know my hair is thinning still, and it isn't getting better. I've tried everything - minoxidil, oil massages. Nothing worked. Right now Im on TRX2, but it seems to be more of a food supplement than anything else. An expensive marketing gimmick !

I have mostly come to terms with the hair loss, and want to lead a full life inspite of it. (I know this sounds SO ridiculous when someone is battling cancer, or facing financial or relationship issues).

There are days, however, when you jus twant to throw in the towel. Today is such a day....when I noticed just how much I've lost. It scared the hell out of me. I couldn't function properly. I had stopped most hair loss treatments; minoxidil because of the excess hair and itchy scalp. Now I'm so shit scared I want to get back on it ASAP. I just want to be strong enough not to give a damn about it....

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbles View Post
    Hi everyone

I started balding when I was about 15-16 (more than 10 years ago).

I used to spend hours in front of the mirror obsessing over hair loss patches, crying over hair loss, worrying over my looks. I have come a long way since then - thank God for maturity !

I know my hair is thinning still, and it isn't getting better. I've tried everything - minoxidil, oil massages. Nothing worked. Right now Im on TRX2, but it seems to be more of a food supplement than anything else. An expensive marketing gimmick !

I have mostly come to terms with the hair loss, and want to lead a full life inspite of it. (I know this sounds SO ridiculous when someone is battling cancer, or facing financial or relationship issues).

There are days, however, when you jus twant to throw in the towel. Today is such a day....when I noticed just how much I've lost. It scared the hell out of me. I couldn't function properly. I had stopped most hair loss treatments; minoxidil because of the excess hair and itchy scalp. Now I'm so shit scared I want to get back on it ASAP. I just want to be strong enough not to give a damn about it....
    We are all on here because we are not strong enough to simply not give a damn. There is no shame in that. None at all. We live in a world where looks are a major priority in social settings... and hair is a HUGE part of a man's image. So, first, don't compare your scenario to others and become ashamed. Struggling mentally with self image is an enormous battle and it really sucks that people aren't more accepting of the battle balding men faced. Having said that - you have MPB. There are two treatments right now proven to stop it - finasteride and minoxidil. Don't go on propecia help for your information. At the same time, don't put all your stock in what Merck says either. It is a risk. So is living life without hair.

dont loss hope i never used any drug medicine to comeback my hair im totally bald for 7 yrs for almost 1yrs i research and make my own medicine its a herbal oil 26 indrigent without side effect and i tested to all my friend 100 percent success my medicine just i sold to my co worker in vancouver and im from edmonton for almost 10yrs that guy totally bald in vertex now her hair grow my medicine in complet package its kill bacteria and clean scalp two days or 3 days use you can feel your hair grow i need to patent my medine and test for fda and sell its to big company so that people can use this.............

Hefty claim to be making on a post where a man is coming for a little emotional support or to just vent a little about a shitty situation . You got any evidence at all that you have a cure ? Just one shred!!! If not sell your snake oil elsewhere.