+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Fapping and hair loss issue.

I fap at least maybe 1 day out of the week and its just that one time during that day and then I won't even do it again til the next week, I am nervous that my hair is thinning because of this problem. I use to do it much more but have stopped a lot, is there any way to reverse the damage? And will stopping completely give my hair its thickness again or is the damage and thinning permanent?

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreno515 View Post
    I fap at least maybe 1 day out of the week and its just that one time during that day and then I won't even do it again til the next week, I am nervous that my hair is thinning because of this problem. I use to do it much more but have stopped a lot, is there any way to reverse the damage? And will stopping completely give my hair its thickness again or is the damage and thinning permanent?
    If masterbation caused hairloss everyone in the world would be bald.

I think we'll never be able to conclusively prove that sex/masturbation accelerates hair loss. What other way would there be to prove this than to have a huge sample of men who never ejaculate and compare the incidence and severity of baldness and compare them to normal men. Any volunteers for years of complete abstinence to find out? I don't think so.

Maybe it has an effect, maybe it doesn't. Honestly dude, if you want my opinion, don't even go there. Just masturbate and have sex whenever you can/feel like it. It's a normal human function and abstinence/celibacy won't save you from going bald if you are genetically predisposed for it. The pope? Bald. The Dalai Lama? Bald. See what I mean? I think it's really detrimental to your mental health if you worry about causing 'damage' by masturbating.

The correlation is that DHT is utilized in achieving an erection and is increased when you orgasm, not sure if there is any scientific evidence of that, but that's the theory. I don't think it will accelerate hairloss anymore than lifting weights or anything else that is healthy for you and increases testosterone. I think there have been studies shown that regular sex increases testosterone production, in turn this could potentially increase DHT production and lead to more hairloss. But what's more important hair or sex life?
    Btw 1 time a week is not much at all, in my early 20's it was once a day

Theoretically, could u fap then shoot the ejac onto scalp and let it dry so it could act as a glue and hold the hairs onto the scalp longer? If this works then we can safely debunk the fap causes hair loss theory

I think I might be sensitive to DHT cause when I fapped I went to sleep and woke up with my scalp itching, I scratched and lost a few hairs idk if its cause I showered and woke up with my hair dry or what but I also found a lot of flakes ill post a picture but could this be the MPB scalp itch or just dandruff??

@johnmpb- lol nice thinking

If your hair is sensitive to androgens your going to keep going bald whether slowly from not fapping or a little faster with it. What difference does it really make? Assuming it even does anything, and it might increase T/DHT for 15-30 minutes before/after but in the grand scheme of things for MPB that is basically meaningless to your final outcome. Same with weights or whatever it doesnt end up making any major difference even if it played some tiny role for 30 minutes a day

But when you get the scalp itch after doing so does that mean im sensitive to DHT? Another thing I noticed when I have sex with my girl I never get that scalp itch..so im not sure why I do when I fap.

But when you get the scalp itch after doing so does that mean im sensitive to DHT? Another thing I noticed when I have sex with my girl I never get that scalp itch..so im not sure why I do when I fap.
    Buddy, you're overthinking this. There are no answers to the questions you're asking. I won't say 'the MPB itch' isn't real, but (and this is coming from personal experience) I really think that if you feel this itch following masturbation it's not because the temporary spike in DHT is causing instantaneous inflammation in your scalp, but it's because you're obviously worried about losing your hair and you're desperately looking for some kind of sign or symptom to confirm your suspicions. I get it, because even though we are both lucky to still have a lot of hair, it's SO scary to see increased shedding, receding hairline, and weird burning/itching sensations and not knowing what exactly is going on and having no clue how much hair you're going to lose and how fast.

I have a personality that is pretty susceptible to anxiety, and sometimes when something feels slightly out of order I start overanalyzing it - I want to know exactly what is going on, so naturally I have gone through the same thing about my hair loss. I have had long periods where the MPB itch was driving my crazy to the point where my scalp would even hurt. These were also the periods where I was letting my anxiety get to me. I am willing to bet 100% that the itch you feel after masturbation is because, like me, you have read the studies that say DHT increases after masturbation and the discussions about them online, and the reason you don't feel this after sex is because when you're with your girl you're not alone and letting your mind run these absurd trains of thought.

I see you're posting a lot about seeing increased shedding after shampoos, worrying about drinking alcohol, and the anxiety just drips off your posts. I'm only saying this because I recognize this way of thinking, and even though I'm not still completely immune to it I really want to tell you that you're overthinking this and you shouldn't worry about masturbation, having a few beers with your friends, using whatever type of shampoo leading to you going bald. Reading between the lines of what you write I am sensing a tendency for hypochondria.

I'm not saying that to make you feel bad, I have the exact same thing, I just want to talk some common sense into you because I think you're spending way too much time here asking all sorts of questions. If you're destined to go bald, you will go bald even if you don't masturbate/drink. If you're not destined to go bald, doing these things won't change that either. Don't think there's some gimmicky trick you can find, or some specific piece of information hidden away somewhere deep in the Internet that can give you 100% certainty about what is happening inside your scalp, because there isn't. The best thing you can do is listen to your doctor, use whatever he advises you, make sure you live healthily and stress-free. Maybe it will help seeing a dermatologist and/or transplant surgeon to look at your scalp with a trichogram (and enhanced camera that lets you see your the roots of your hair in great detail. If you do this like once a year or something then you can really have a good idea of how much your hair is really changing, and how it is responding to any treatments you're on. I didn't know what the f* was going on with my hair until I went to WHTC clinic and Dr Mwamba showed me what my scalp looks like and what state my follicles are in. It really gave me peace of mind to see my scalp with my own eyes.

Maybe you could talk to your doctor about how worried you are and he can set you up with cognitive therapy or something. I only mean this in a nice way, but I think you might benefit from it.