+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

This is an interesting discussion, but I think it boils down to if good doctors are using the Artas for FUE then the results will likely be similar to other good FUE. If bad doctors use it the results will be bad just like with any other hair transplant. Spencer says the technology keeps improving so I’m sure he will let us know how good it gets and if it eventually surpasses other FUE techniques. As it stands, it seems like it’s just a preference for a few really good doctors, but most of the FUE surgeons like Dr. Dauer, Dr. Shapiro, Dr. Cooley, Dr. Rahal, Dr. Feriduni and some other big names still prefer doing it by hand. I don’t know if economics are a real factor, but whatever the reason is, the Artas still is not the preferred method. If or when it becomes the standard of care like follicle734 says it will, I am sure we will find out on TBT first. For now I would trust the IAHRS doctors who are using it and what the guys on the show say about it. They seem to be positive about robotics getting better. If it’s true that doctors are not willing to pay for quality than that is unfortunate, but it does not seem likely to me. I would think that the better quality they provide the better it is for their business, so I don’t think that statement holds water, at least when it comes to the real quality doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    This is an interesting discussion, but I think it boils down to if good doctors are using the Artas for FUE then the results will likely be similar to other good FUE. If bad doctors use it the results will be bad just like with any other hair transplant. Spencer says the technology keeps improving so I’m sure he will let us know how good it gets and if it eventually surpasses other FUE techniques. As it stands, it seems like it’s just a preference for a few really good doctors, but most of the FUE surgeons like Dr. Dauer, Dr. Shapiro, Dr. Cooley, Dr. Rahal, Dr. Feriduni and some other big names still prefer doing it by hand. I don’t know if economics are a real factor, but whatever the reason is, the Artas still is not the preferred method. If or when it becomes the standard of care like follicle734 says it will, I am sure we will find out on TBT first. For now I would trust the IAHRS doctors who are using it and what the guys on the show say about it. They seem to be positive about robotics getting better. If it’s true that doctors are not willing to pay for quality than that is unfortunate, but it does not seem likely to me. I would think that the better quality they provide the better it is for their business, so I don’t think that statement holds water, at least when it comes to the real quality doctors.
    You are spot on Payday. It won't be the company, their marketing or the doctors who ultimately decide if ARTAS FUE is better, more accurate, safer etc., it will be the patient and the “word on the street”. What can be both confusing and great about hair transplants is that unlike other types of surgeries like urology for instance, we get a say in our treatment. We are able to learn from TBT and BTT and other places the truth. We can call BS and spread the word. You are right, I do think the IAHRS doctors who are using the ARTAS believe in it and I think Spencer does too and that is the only reason I don’t think it’s a gimmick, but the claims Follicle734 are making and the reason he claimed he posted here are preposterous. He hijacked an educational thread and turned it into a sales pitch. That’s why I jumped on to call him out on his BS. Winston I apologize for some of my colorful language and I understand why you had to edit it and give me a warning. It won't happen again.

This new advances re amazing! I was one of the pioneers of the ARTAS robotic system and have to say - although it was a break through from the beginning new upgrades took it to the different level like comparing Windows 3.1 to Windows 7 - there is no comparison... the results tell it all check out our profile before and aftersd

Quote Originally Posted by Tron View Post
    Wrong again, I had ARTAS last week and the techs stood around and dabbed blood, moved the extraction square around my head and asked how I was doing. Once the machine was done they all started implanting after the doc made the sites. The same 3 techs who would be doing the manual extraction were still there and still had to manually implant.

I didn't read about my experience with a robot online, I had a procedure done by one. I am going off my experience not someone else.
    This was my experience as well, Tron.

Hello All,

Sorry I'm a bit late to the conversation. I was an Artas patient on 3/28. Everything went exceedingly well for me.I'm now 10-days post surgery and everything is looking good.

My pictures and post are all available if you look for my thread. Like Tron stated, there were multiple techs during the procedure, and it seems no matter which clinic that owns the machine - experts come in for the procedure to ensure it goes smoothly. There was about a team of 6-7 involved during my procedure. 2 running the machine, 2 pulling the grafts once holes were punched and blotting blood, and then another two doing something with the harvests.

I wasn't too aware at the time, I wish I had more information. I do actually know the NP that owns the MedSpa where I had the procedure done if you guys have any specific questions. She is one of my Mom's best friends and entrusts the machine and process so much that she was willing to let her 28-year old son go in for a procedure. She didn't make any money on my procedure.

I'm not trying to pick sides or start any arguments, but I hope ARTAS is the future and that this will be the easier fix for men losing their hair. Like an earlier poster stated, it's going to be the users word of mouth that gets the true approval of this machine.

I'll try my best to stick around the forums to provide updates with my hair.