+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default again, skin with hair follicles derived from iPS cells

3-layer skin including hair follicles made from scratch derived by iPS:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...-sprouts-hair/

but will we see this ever in a human trial in our lifetime? i guess you know the answer.
    if the fu**ing bureaucracy and world laws would allow to try this out tomorrow in a well controlled clinical setup with a few volunteers, the cure could be developed within 2 years or so. not even a cure for hairloss. imagine how great those skin patches are, for several purposes, of course including burn victims. creating such skin in the lab is huge. but it won't happen in the next 10 to 20 years.
    we need someone like elon musk for the healthcare sector. people who don't just talk about the future but turning it into reality. often some kind of progress in the world comes only because of some few great and passionate people in the world.

I'm hopeful that somewhere that doesn't have a beaurocratic ****ed up FDA does this.

I reconciled a while ago it probably won't be USA

I find it quite a disappointment to see Tsuji labs (Takashi Tsuji was involved) experimenting with mouse hair. Damn ... Who cares about mouse models. I had hoped Tsuji would be doing this stuff by now using human DNA instead of mouse DNA. Shows us how far off we are man ... Not sure though why they used mouse DNA, in their previous breakthrough, a few years back, they cloned human hair. This seems a step back, not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    I find it quite a disappointment to see Tsuji labs (Takashi Tsuji was involved) experimenting with mouse hair. Damn ... Who cares about mouse models. I had hoped Tsuji would be doing this stuff by now using human DNA instead of mouse DNA. Shows us how far off we are man ... Not sure though why they used mouse DNA, in their previous breakthrough, a few years back, they cloned human hair. This seems a step back, not sure why.
    idk... to quickly get themselves in the paper and make some $$$$$ ????

Quote Originally Posted by baldybald View Post
    Hehe, ah the famous '10 years from now' !

Someday these small steps will get to a major milestone and make a big difference in everyday life for tons of people. That day is still decades away and going to happen probably slower than what you think. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Take action now verses waiting on future stuff however distant that may end up being

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Take action now verses waiting on future stuff however distant that may end up being
    For the millionth time, WHAT action?

Quote Originally Posted by Follisket View Post
    For the millionth time, WHAT action?
    yes, i feel the same. he's talking like there is a 100% side effect free prevention which suits everyone. as if it was the easiest thing to prevent it if you catch it early. probably he's one of the lucky guys and it worked for him. but taking Fin and minox and messing around with your body hormones and heart pressure is not an option for everyone. in fact, in the recent year more and more complaints about Fin have reached the daylight from long-term users, where permament damage to the body is irreversible. even the most journal articles started to mention that in the recent years whenever they write about hairloss-related topics. it's commonsense today that Fin and Minox can cause serious side effects, even if you don't notice them for many years.
    Fin is dangerous long-term for a good percentage of people, and the day you start noticing it's irreversible anymore. we even have some forum members who experienced all that trouble.

i used Fin for half a year and had no side effects at all, but also no visible regrowth or maintenance. after researching a lot a came across all those side effects, experienced by a lot of people, some of them even trying to sue the pharma company for that.
    then i decided to quit it completely in favour of the long-term health, also in terms of sperm quality.

in fact, even if Fin had regrow all my hair, i would decide against it, because the risk of serious messing up your body is too high although many people here will tell you the risk is negligible and always reversible. after so many years and long-term usage from different users, we know that this is not true.

This is just another collaboration that Tsuji has done. He is still moving forward with his in vitro method revolving around mesenchymal-epithelial interactions for hair follicle regeneration. A press release will be brought out soon about that.