+ Reply to Thread

Default Epididymitis from Propecia at 6 months.

Hey all, been on Propecia about 6 months with pretty great results and very minor sides, until now...

I was diagnosed with epididymitis after several bouts of testicle pain.

Prior to finasteride I've never had testicle pain in my life, also feels like my ejaculatory tube is blocked.

My urologist says he thinks fin caused retrograde ejaculation, causing this epididymitis. He told me that he believes finasteride is pretty risky business and that most doctors don't realize the damage it can cause in younger men.

Prior to this appointment I was pro fin, but my wife told me I've had lowered excitement overall, less zest for life, watery semen and less urges for her since being on it, things I didn't really notice myself since I guess I forgot how I felt off it and it came on gradually.

I really hate hair loss but my wife said she would way rather have me slowly lose hair on minox than be this way, I have to agree.

Going to give up the Propecia for one month and see how I feel off of it, I'll be taking notes of changes with her.

Here's hoping I'm not one of the unlucky ones who get PFS coming off lol...

New ****ing treatments please.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post
    Hey all, been on Propecia about 6 months with pretty great results and very minor sides, until now...

I was diagnosed with epididymitis after several bouts of testicle pain.

Prior to finasteride I've never had testicle pain in my life, also feels like my ejaculatory tube is blocked.

My urologist says he thinks fin caused retrograde ejaculation, causing this epididymitis. He told me that he believes finasteride is pretty risky business and that most doctors don't realize the damage it can cause in younger men.

Prior to this appointment I was pro fin, but my wife told me I've had lowered excitement overall, less zest for life, watery semen and less urges for her since being on it, things I didn't really notice myself since I guess I forgot how I felt off it and it came on gradually.

I really hate hair loss but my wife said she would way rather have me slowly lose hair on minox than be this way, I have to agree.

Going to give up the Propecia for one month and see how I feel off of it, I'll be taking notes of changes with her.

Here's hoping I'm not one of the unlucky ones who get PFS coming off lol...

New ****ing treatments please.
    RU

Update:

Finally got off the Propecia 7 days ago since the testicle pain never went away even after 3 antibiotic courses.

5th day off my testicle pain and epididymitis was gone. It was the finasteride.

Also my morning erections are already back, sex drive will probably spike back up around week 2'also like last time I quit. This drug is garbage for a lot of guys.

I'm staying off it and never touching this shit again.

Now I'm just praying I don't get PFS since the drug clearly damaged me during the 9 months.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingEagle View Post
    Update:

Finally got off the Propecia 7 days ago since the testicle pain never went away even after 3 antibiotic courses.

5th day off my testicle pain and epididymitis was gone. It was the finasteride.

Also my morning erections are already back, sex drive will probably spike back up around week 2'also like last time I quit. This drug is garbage for a lot of guys.

I'm staying off it and never touching this shit again.

Now I'm just praying I don't get PFS since the drug clearly damaged me during the 9 months.
    Are you going to try Dut now or are you done with these types of drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Smallville View Post
    Are you going to try Dut now or are you done with these types of drugs?
    I'm done playing with hormones for hair. I'll keep using minox and ru until it looks awful. Then I'll just shave and get SMP to frame my face or an FUE if shapiro thinks my donor can supply long term.