+ Reply to Thread

Default Ready for transplant, concerned though

So I finally got my money in order for a transplant. Been saving for a while so that I got exactly what I needed and will make me the happiest. I do have some concerns..

I'm 24 and have been fighting off Hairloss for about four years now. I take dutasteride and still lose hair, but at this point it is slow enough to have a procedure.

-the redness issue after a transplant.. How long does that normally last..

-how long until growth starts to show?

-definitely have to shave the head because I want fue, that just sucks. Haven't shaved since 7th grade

-time.. Need to have enough time to heal. I can wear a hat at work so I'm fine with that, but I have some weddings coming up ( one in August and the other in October).

I was thinking and have been very set on rahal because of his style with dense packing. I'm not looking to lower my hairline to a pin straight one. I don't mind having a widows peak, but would like it to be more dense and a tad lower, but would like the V style still.

Can any doctors comment on some of these concerns?

Bump, thought this post never even made it onto the forum lol. Any thoughts boys?

Could you post some photos. 24 is a young age for a transplant so you would need to ensure you are an appropriate candidate.

I am currently 26 years old and have similar goals by the sounds of it. However, experts have told me to wait it out longer and continue with fin.

Have you had any consultations? If not I would highly recommend at least 2 or 3. I have had a few transplants and my redness always went away after about 2 weeks or so but I never had any dense packing. I never shwd any hair that I knew of so my growth was noticable after 3 months. However everyone responds differently. Would you happen to have any images you could post?

I have had 3 transplants surgeries, the first at 25 doing FUT. If I had to do it again, I would definitely NOT do it. If you are losing hair at 24, your probably going to be chasing hair for the rest of your life. This will not be your only surgery, it will cost thousands and you probably will not ever achieve what you are looking for (at least for very long as you will continue to lose hair)....Also, in about 5 or 10 years you probably won't care that much about hair (for me, I was never completely happy with the results and wish I could have shaved my head before reaching 30). There are many ladies who dig a shaved head and it's free. With FUE you probably will still be able to shave your ahead, assuming the doctor does a good job and your body responds/repairs itself as expected. But, that's not guaranteed......I'm probably not telling you what you want to hear today but your life is much longer than the next few years.

Ziggy.. any update?

Did you schedule surgery with Rahal?