+ Reply to Thread

Default where am I on the Norwood scale?

I'm posting a couple of pics as well. 25 year old with graying and im afraid a receding hair line :/
    Open for all suggestions, been trying natural DHT blocking shampoos like pur'ador and surface awaken shampoos along side nizoral B complex vitamins twice a week but hair keeps coming out in the shower.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	45829   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	45830  

Like 2.

Inactive

A couple things to consider:

Hair fall is normal. We lose on average around 100 hairs a day. What tends to happen is that once we start noticing the hair fall, it's easy to over analyze it and make what could be something normal and natural into a bigger problem in our heads. That's not to say that you're not losing your hair, but it's just something to be mindful of.

While the vitamins and the shampoos may help, the best thing (medication wise) that you can do is to use Propecia. You could talk with a doctor about it to see if it's something you should try. It's proven to slow down hair loss considerably. And while I expect you to read the reviews on the medication and be freaked out by some of the reported side effects, keep in mind that the reports are often inflated and sometimes unfounded. A very large number of men (myself included) take it with little to no issues that can be directly linked with the drug. It's not for everyone, and it may not be for you - but it's definitely something you should consider.

Aside from that, your hair looks pretty great to me based on the photos. I honestly don't see a lot of miniaturization at all and think what you could be seeing is simply your mature hairline. Also, keep in mind that even a perfect NW1 hairline is less dense at the very front of the hairline. That's just how they're designed and it would look unnatural if the density was 100% at the base. This is another example of how we start seeing things that may not be there once we become aware of them. The best thing you could do is compare pictures of your hair from several years ago with how it is now, keeping in mind that it's common for hairlines to simply "change" over time. That doesn't necessarily mean it's MPB.

All that said, from what I can tell, you seem to be in great shape. Look at your hairline compared to mine in the top left photo of my avatar. I had at least a half an inch of very decreased density at the base of my hairline, something I don't see in yours.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

"Mature hairline"

It's difficult for me to characterize your NW stage based on the pictures you provided. You have excellent density just behind the few miniaturized hairs at your hairline. If I were you I would compare your current pictures to pictures you took previously to determine if you have been losing hair. The only thing I would do if you feel you are losing hair is take propecia. The drug worked well for me for twenty years (see my post on this).

Nw1.5 maybe 2