+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RU Concerns

Default RU Concerns

- have been using 2.5 months
    - from Anagen... tried 5%, then down to 3% (as best as I can figure out)
    - At first the shedding was pretty traumatic. I don't remember when I started Minoxidil, it shedding that much. It seems like I shed a lot less now.
    - Mild sexual sides... nothing too serious, as I'm 26%. I don't mind the slightly reduced sex drive too much, honestly. Still very functional. What does concern me is A- I Feel like I have gained some fat? Even though I work out quite a bit. Also, I am very wary of gynecomastia and I think I am developing it. I am probably one of those more sensitive to it, but seriously... I am thinking I might try giving up the RU. It's not a good tradeoff, in my opinion.
    - I also use Minoxidil. Also just started taking Diindolylmethane to try and combat the gyro, etc, about a week or so ago.

I'm pretty frustrated. On the one hand, while I don't know that RU has made my hair thicker, it certainly seems to make it shed less. On the other hand, I really do not want gyno. I'm fairly certain that is what it is, because there's a palpable difference behind my right and left nipples. I hope if I quit now, it will go away. I do intend to try and have a hair transplant down in Minneapolis with Dr Shapiro this fall or winter. I'm a redhead--my hair is important to me, it's part of who I am. I hated it as a kid, and it's such a cruel joke that by the time I started to love it in my 20s, it started to run away! I am a pretty buff guy (working on getting buff-er!) but I just don't think I have the personality or aesthetic blessings to pull off the shaved head look. It's kind of a catch-22... I don't feel like I can afford surgery to have the gyno glands taken out, AND a transplant (and keep buying RU, of course, which while paling in comparison to these procedures, still is not cheap.) It would be great if I could afford both, because a transplant and RU to hold on to existing hair would be the best, but I'm sort of late-to-the-game in going to college which puts me on somewhat of a budget for the next couple of years still.

Does anyone have any success maybe just using RU every other day? Trying to figure out a way in my head to reduce sides and make this work but I may just give up and stop using RU. I don't want to keep using it to the point where gyro would be irreversible...

I have been reading this forum and the other popular hair loss forum and I'm surprised that I haven't heard anyone speak of Tongkat Ali. There is much research out there on this potent herb and may help with your situation. Many sites will tell you that it increases testosterone but this theory doesn't have strong evidence for it. More than likely it has an effect on estrogen in the body. How it does this is unknown but trying this natural remedy may alleviate some of the sides your feeling. It also has great anti-anxiety properties and studies have shown increase in muscle mass.

If you decide to try it be careful with false claims about expensive prices and 200:1, 100:1 etc. The one that many studies are based on is the Olympic Labs LJ100 which is readily available.

Here are some links for further reading:
    https://examine.com/supplements/eury...ngifolia-jack/
    http://www.raysahelian.com/tongkat_ali.html
    https://olympus-labs.com/product/olympus-labs-lj100/

Thanks! If nothing else this will be a great one to maybe alternate with DIM when I run out... I have read that the body can develop a tolerance to supplements like DIM so I've been looking for a good supplement that might have similar benefits that I could switch off with.

Still going back and forth on whether or not to continue using RU. I'll probably be out in 2-3 more weeks so would need to order more if I want to continue. Thinking of maybe just making more of an effort to cut down my bodyfat percentage and see how much of the issue is that. Would love to be able to keep using RU.

Was very curious about trying RU myself - not sure that will be the case if there are sexual sides with it. Pretty much every natural supplement that can give sexual sides hits me. So lucky!

Everyone likes to dream of a CB or RU that does the job of fin without the dangerous internal risks. That is what we all really want in the end a less risky way to stopping the culprit - androgens. RU like anything else goes systemic and who really knows what it does from there. Some people seem to get systemic sides still