+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    You would think eventually people would learn there is no such as a cure. It will be decade or more before even thinking about the word cure and MPB together. Anything with cure in it now is a buzzword for snake oil
    I agree this may be snakeoil, but how can you say a cure is at least a decade away? Sm has shown result in 3 months, not to mention Replicel and Histogen. If they give you back 1~2 norwood together with a small HT, you're cured. Please dont spread desperate message when you have no solid evidence of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    I agree this may be snakeoil, but how can you say a cure is at least a decade away? Sm has shown result in 3 months, not to mention Replicel and Histogen. If they give you back 1~2 norwood together with a small HT, you're cured. Please dont spread desperate message when you have no solid evidence of it.
    Sorry I'm with the previous poster....there is MINIMUM 10 years before we see anything resembling a cure. I've been on forums for 10+ years and I've seen hopes for cures crash and burn. Just think....if someone were to find a cure today it wouldn't be released to the public for YEARS (my guess is minimum 6 yrs) for it to go through all the FDA trials and such.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMPB View Post
    Sorry I'm with the previous poster....there is MINIMUM 10 years before we see anything resembling a cure. I've been on forums for 10+ years and I've seen hopes for cures crash and burn. Just think....if someone were to find a cure today it wouldn't be released to the public for YEARS (my guess is minimum 6 yrs) for it to go through all the FDA trials and such.
    That's it right there. It's not that everyone has good reason to believe the science is a decade away (although it very well could be) it's the government regulatory agencies that are like quicksand for new treatments to get to market and it makes me want to run through a goddamn wall. I realize the purpose of these agencies is to ensure the public isn't being put in harms way, but it's tough to swallow when you realize you can willingly volunteer for cancer by walking into a gas station and buying cigarettes and countless other things we do that are demonstrably harmful to our bodies. If I want to use myself as a lab rat while the trials are ongoing, I should be able to sign a waiver and do it.

On another note, the word 'cure' means different things to different people. I personally think that would mean bringing a slick bald guy all the way back to a NW0. Will this ever happen? Don't know. But before we throw around those kind of expectations, we just need treatments that move the field forward. If Replicel and Histogen don't ensure maintenance, how are they a cure? Right now, we need something that's more powerful than fin without the horrible side effects. That would be a godsend for millions of people.

History doesn't mean future. Sm can already grow hairs in just 3 months.

The important thing is that there is much more advanced technology nowadays to help the researchers.So those timelines might get shorter. Look at what the scientists at MIT published yesterday. This is amazing and i don't know how but i hope they find a way to use this breakthrough in fighting baldness too.

http://news.mit.edu/2016/programming...-bacteria-0331

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    Well the burden of proof is not on him, is it? Its on those who say there is going to be a cure. And who do we have as the closest to even a better treatment let alone cure...Replicel, Histogen etc, who have shown us nothing. All we have to go on from them is a couple of poorly presented photos from Histogen that look like they've been enhanced, and nothing from Replicel except some partnership with a Japanese firm that seems to be taking an age to initiate trials. I remember first hearing on Histogen in 2009, that's now seven years ago, and since then they have achieved noting.

I'd say on that basis its a fairly safe assumption to say there won't be a cure in ten years.

I signed up to this blog to see if they had and reviews on Regrows. Anyway i've just bought a 3 months supply of Regrowz, it arrived on wednesday. I'm sceptical on using it however minoxidil drys out my scalp and i find it very uncomfortable. I'll keep you all updated on how i get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminD View Post
    I signed up to this blog to see if they had and reviews on Regrows. Anyway i've just bought a 3 months supply of Regrowz, it arrived on wednesday. I'm sceptical on using it however minoxidil drys out my scalp and i find it very uncomfortable. I'll keep you all updated on how i get on with it.
    We appreciate you keeping us in the loop. Please use all three months and dont quit using before its all gone.
    Wish you much luck man!

Check the ingredients man. Only natural ingredients, no minoxidil (which is the only thing that could help). It won't work. If I were you I would want my money back.

Hi Ben how are you getting on with regrowz is it very greasy on scalp and are you using the two products?