Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rbrown
    • Feb 2013

Miracle cure or BALDfaced lie?

A NEW hair loss product for men has splashed onto the market with some very bold promises; namely that it has reduced hair loss in 100 per cent of subjects trialled.

Regrowz - Award Winning Hair Growth and Thickening products inclusing fast acting shampoo, daily gummies and dermarollers
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

They seriously just posted a before and after pic of an old balding man with a haircut and then the after picture is the same man with his hair slightly grown out LOL, with the same NW type hairloss. Like they are not even trying at all. They are selling that bullsh*t and want you to know right off the bat that they are crooks lolll. He even looks a little worse in the after pic. Hilarious.

No need to worry, some dudes will eat that up like TRX2 and all that other crap lmfao.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
      • Jan 2011

LOL omfg...the before and after pics in the regrowz website. Wowwww. Cringe, cringe, cringe.

Put the owners of this thing in jail for fraud. These guys have no shame at all.

Comment

• BoSox
        • Jun 2010

These results are horrible. The before and after pictures are literally the same.

Comment

• joachim
          • May 2014

exactly. scammers like this should be jailed. but like the TRX2 guys they soon will be millionaires, too. it's too easy to reach thousands of uninformed people and sell them this crap. even though we are living in the age of internet, many people don't look for information in such forums. it's a sad world we live in. not sure if the laws will ever change to stop such fraud once and for all.

Comment

• allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
            • Aug 2015

Money back guarantee I suppose...

Comment

• clee984
              • Feb 2010

I can't tell which are meant to be the 'before' and which the 'after' pics! Like Joachim says, it's kinda galling that people get away with this type of thing, preying on the desperate.

It's a trick of journalism that if a headline has a question in it, the answer is always negative ("Will China invade the moon by this time next year???" - answer 'no'). It's a way of implying something (and printing a story) whilst distancing yourself from the actual truth of it. If they're sued, they can just say, we were posing a question, we weren't endorsing a conclusion. So "Miracle cure!" is very different from "Miracle cure?".

Comment

• polios
                • Oct 2015

Regrowz seems like another scam. No clue how they managed to get that coverage. I feel sorry for all the bros who go for such a garbage.

Comment

• JohnMPB
                  • Nov 2009

Dafuq is this? Is it me or do some of the pics look to be stretched out to make the "regrowth" areas appear better than prior to treatment

Comment

• burtandernie
                    • Nov 2012

You would think eventually people would learn there is no such as a cure. It will be decade or more before even thinking about the word cure and MPB together. Anything with cure in it now is a buzzword for snake oil

Comment

• Hairismylife
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by burtandernie
                      You would think eventually people would learn there is no such as a cure. It will be decade or more before even thinking about the word cure and MPB together. Anything with cure in it now is a buzzword for snake oil
                      I agree this may be snakeoil, but how can you say a cure is at least a decade away? Sm has shown result in 3 months, not to mention Replicel and Histogen. If they give you back 1~2 norwood together with a small HT, you're cured. Please dont spread desperate message when you have no solid evidence of it.

Comment

• JohnMPB
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Hairismylife
                        I agree this may be snakeoil, but how can you say a cure is at least a decade away? Sm has shown result in 3 months, not to mention Replicel and Histogen. If they give you back 1~2 norwood together with a small HT, you're cured. Please dont spread desperate message when you have no solid evidence of it.
                        Sorry I'm with the previous poster....there is MINIMUM 10 years before we see anything resembling a cure. I've been on forums for 10+ years and I've seen hopes for cures crash and burn. Just think....if someone were to find a cure today it wouldn't be released to the public for YEARS (my guess is minimum 6 yrs) for it to go through all the FDA trials and such.

Comment

• Trouse5858
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by JohnMPB
                          Sorry I'm with the previous poster....there is MINIMUM 10 years before we see anything resembling a cure. I've been on forums for 10+ years and I've seen hopes for cures crash and burn. Just think....if someone were to find a cure today it wouldn't be released to the public for YEARS (my guess is minimum 6 yrs) for it to go through all the FDA trials and such.
                          That's it right there. It's not that everyone has good reason to believe the science is a decade away (although it very well could be) it's the government regulatory agencies that are like quicksand for new treatments to get to market and it makes me want to run through a goddamn wall. I realize the purpose of these agencies is to ensure the public isn't being put in harms way, but it's tough to swallow when you realize you can willingly volunteer for cancer by walking into a gas station and buying cigarettes and countless other things we do that are demonstrably harmful to our bodies. If I want to use myself as a lab rat while the trials are ongoing, I should be able to sign a waiver and do it.

On another note, the word 'cure' means different things to different people. I personally think that would mean bringing a slick bald guy all the way back to a NW0. Will this ever happen? Don't know. But before we throw around those kind of expectations, we just need treatments that move the field forward. If Replicel and Histogen don't ensure maintenance, how are they a cure? Right now, we need something that's more powerful than fin without the horrible side effects. That would be a godsend for millions of people.

Comment

• Hairismylife
                            • Jun 2012

History doesn't mean future. Sm can already grow hairs in just 3 months.

Comment

• rbrown
                              • Feb 2013

The important thing is that there is much more advanced technology nowadays to help the researchers.So those timelines might get shorter. Look at what the scientists at MIT published yesterday. This is amazing and i don't know how but i hope they find a way to use this breakthrough in fighting baldness too.

MIT engineers have created a programming language to design complex, DNA-encoded circuits that give new functions to living cells. Using this language, anyone can write a program for the function they want, such as detecting and responding to certain environmental conditions.

Comment

Working...