+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dr. Gabel

Smile Dr. Gabel

I got a great hair transplant 5 days ago, from Dr. Steven Gabel, near Portland, Oregon. I must say that I am already ecstatic! It was well worth the 3 hour drive from Seattle.

For years, my hair loss has completely devastated me, to the point of absolute obsession which would torment me literally every single second of the day. No matter what anyone said, I just couldn't deal with it. My confidence was crushed and I was insanely self-conscious, especially without my hat. While some guys might look fine with their heads shaved or whatever, that look just isn't me or how I want to present myself to the world. I tried 10+ herbal remedies, plus Rogaine foam, but nothing seemed to work. I often just wanted to hide.

But then came March 8, 2010, when my whole life changed. Over the course of a grueling 13 hour mega-session, the amazing Gabel team planted 4,115 new grafts into my hair-hungry head. And now, with my thick, dark curly donor hair, I'm amazed at how well my scalp is covered in only 4 days! After thoroughly checking on me the day after surgery, they carefully instructed me on how to care for my "new do", and it appears to be healing really well. I honestly feel like I'm starting a whole new life now.

They took extreme care in every detail of the process and Dr. Gabel is a great guy, who you instinctively feel you can trust. He's always honest and very personable. He personally plants at least half of the grafts himself and is virtually always in the operating room overseeing what is going on. He and his staff (of 6 wonderful women) were both fantastic and fun.

My pics were taken in their pro studio and will be posted soon. I will also be posting my own pics of my process. My mission now is simply to help other hairloss sufferers, 'cause I want each of you in my situation to have the same positive experience.

Chris in Seattle

Dr G is a class act - heal and grow well!
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Awesome man, glad everything worked out!!! I may be wrong, i dont know alot about transplants, but wont the transplanted hair eventually shed, and then grow back in like 6-8 months?

You just had to remind me, didn't you?! :-) lol. Yeah I've still got the shedding phase to get through.

AH sorry brotha! Just think youll be ringing in the 2011 with an extreme head of hair!

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Sounds like you had a really good experience. I have not had a chance to meet Dr. Gabel in person, but am hoping that will happen at the conference in Boston later this year. I have had conversation with him and he is very personable and intellegent. Looking forward to seeng the photos. Good luck.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile