+ Reply to Thread

Good news for alopecia areata sufferers but not sure how much this would benefit those with androgenic alopecia. Especially considering Aclaris has a bias towards AA considering its drug pipeline. Let's hope though.

Personally, I think JAK inhibitors are a dead end for AGA.

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubris View Post
    Personally, I think JAK inhibitors are a dead end for AGA.
    I don't feel that way at all. Go read the research paper by Christiano on science advances. JAK stat is independent of t-cells meaning it is a hair intrinsic property. Blocking JAK-stat directly stimulates dormant stem cells into producing progenitor cells. Stat stands for activatior of transcription hence explaining the cascade effects of male pattern baldness. And stat 3 is a known agonist with androgen receptor, as well as interplays with interleukin 6 (bad and abundant on bald scalp) bear in mind that progenitor cells are something proven years ago that bald scalps lack by Cotsarelis also on the board at Follca. And the chairman of the company that just bought the rights to Christiano's work is on the board at Follica. So they must see it as a big peice of the puzzle in "rebooting" the scalp. Laser the scalp, apply fgf 7 which a patent exists for, apply a JAK stat inhibitor which directly pushes those stem cells into anagen rapidly. Things are certainly looking exciting to me. JAK stat inhibition pushes Wnt, Melanogenesis, SHH pathway etc. The fact that this is going to be going to AGA rout topically is very exciting indeed.

I actually feel in the short term (3-5) years this is without question our best chance to cure male pattern baldness.

all the hype around JAK inhibitors will lead to nowhere. it worked on AA, which is fantastic, but won't work in AGA.

also, the cure won't come from cotsarelis or follica. they are messing around for years and even claimed years ago, that they are the only ones who can produce consistently new hairs (de novo), but still they are talking about the cure 10 years away (see desmond's trip to the congress).

replicel is the only hope. and if their theory fails, nothing will come in the next 10 years. tsuji might be a cure somewhen, but they won't solve the cell culturing problem that fast. including trials this is at least 10 years away.

i don't even want to mention the other attempts from histogen, pilofocus etc. -they are all doomed to fail and this will get clear very quickly within the next 1 or 2 years. especially histogen will be the biggest dissapointment ever, which got very clear after they presented the shady combover before/after pics which even tricked spencer and hellouser and many other users here and made them believe the results are real. it will not take long til they get exposed if they even manage to set up the treatment in mexico or canada. my guess is even if they get exposed within the first 2 or 3 years, they will still make millions of profit. the best example is Gho which gets away with all the false regeneration claims for over a decade. i hope arashi can teach them a good lesson soon.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    all the hype around JAK inhibitors will lead to nowhere. it worked on AA, which is fantastic, but won't work in AGA.

also, the cure won't come from cotsarelis or follica. they are messing around for years and even claimed years ago, that they are the only ones who can produce consistently new hairs (de novo), but still they are talking about the cure 10 years away (see desmond's trip to the congress).

replicel is the only hope. and if their theory fails, nothing will come in the next 10 years. tsuji might be a cure somewhen, but they won't solve the cell culturing problem that fast. including trials this is at least 10 years away.

i don't even want to mention the other attempts from histogen, pilofocus etc. -they are all doomed to fail and this will get clear very quickly within the next 1 or 2 years. especially histogen will be the biggest dissapointment ever, which got very clear after they presented the shady combover before/after pics which even tricked spencer and hellouser and many other users here and made them believe the results are real. it will not take long til they get exposed if they even manage to set up the treatment in mexico or canada. my guess is even if they get exposed within the first 2 or 3 years, they will still make millions of profit. the best example is Gho which gets away with all the false regeneration claims for over a decade. i hope arashi can teach them a good lesson soon.
    False. You miss out SM. It gives result in just three months.
    For Histogen, I still dunno why ppl keep saying the result is fake because of the combover photo. I'm not sure it has combover or not but one thing I'm sure is there is actually a nice regrowth even a possible combover may had made it look even better.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post

No disrespect, but can I ask what the hell you're still doing on this forum if this is how you really feel?

Quote Originally Posted by mlamber5 View Post
    I actually feel in the short term (3-5) years this is without question our best chance to cure male pattern baldness.
    It is? Well be prepared to work with finasteride, minoxidil, plugs, concealers and wigs pretty much for the coming years mate .