Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmoreno515
    • Nov 2014

Scratched and lost a lot hairs HELP!

Ok I just scratched my head earlier and I lost about 50 or more hairs, will those hairs grow back? I fohnd flakes and there are patches of skin on my scalp that I saw looked like dandruff but idk why but its always such bad dandruff in this one specific spot. The hairs that fell of were hair's that were either squiggly or bent hairs, could this mean miniaturized hairs or damaged/breaking hair's? If so will these hairs grow back?
  • HTsoon
    • Feb 2016

Are you using cheap minoxidil like Kirkland? The same exact thing happened to me when I was 22 I started using cheap minoxidil that irritated my scalp. I scratched my head and had a clump of hair attached to crust.

If you're on minoxidil it's just the shedding process, I suggest using nizoral and head and shoulders in conjunction to reduce dandruff and crusting. If you're on cheap minoxidil consider switching to a good brand like rogaine or lipogaine.

Comment

• garageland
      • Dec 2009

Using Nizoral twice a week would be a good idea to get this dandruff in order but if you have large flakes of scalp and are loosing 50 or more hairs in one go I would see a dermatologist to see if something else is going on rather than just dry, flaky skin.

Comment

• bmoreno515
        • Nov 2014

Yea I mean I have eczema could that cause my itchy scalp. I only get it in the same spot all the time. Am I damaging my hair? & will the hairs that I lose grow back?

Comment

• bmoreno515
          • Nov 2014

What do you think it could possibly be if not MPB?? My hair is thin on the side that always itches isn't that MPB?

Comment

Working...