Threaded View

Default The Earth Is Evil

Very depressed/suicidal over hair loss. (Among other things of course.) I guess I've been balding since my early 20s but was too stupid to realize it. I'm in mid 30s now. I had THICK hair as a child so when I started to thin I thought it was a good thing. I've been taking Finpecia 1 mg since November. Who knows if it is legit or not? I went to a PCP to get a prescription the right way but she played dumb and then finally said "I have a license to protect" and refused to prescribe it. It was clear that as an African American woman, she didn't give a shit about male pattern baldness or what its like to have your appearance worsen in such a fundamental and permanent way. Next a dermatologist charged me like 150.00 to be seen for literally about three minutes, also refused to prescribe it, gave me a shampoo script and sent me on my way. I have always been unhappy with my appearance - which is lame I know - but this is the final straw for me. I'm only at peace when I'm asleep. I know its just hair but people can only take so much. No point to this post other than to rant. Tired of being given a shitty hand by life and tired of being victimized by greedy unscrupulous assholes because of it. Maybe a transplant would improve thing s but honestly I don't know if I can be bothered. Something else shitty will come to replace it if I get the hair loss straightened out (after much financial and emotional and time consuming cost mind you.) Probably a norwood 2 at this point. I THINK the fake ass propecia may have thickened my crown some but it hasn't done jack shit for my hairline or temples. Still have dozens of hairs in my hands with every shampoo. The website I bought the "propecia" from went on to use my credit card on some unauthorized site and I had to close my card out and have another one issued. Everywhere you look in this world there is bullshit, pain, and injustice. It's not worth it.