+ Reply to Thread

Default Bosley vs other hair transplant doctors

Just curious as to the difference between the two, browsing this site and a few others i have noticed people bashing on Bosley clinics and procedures. I am just curious as to why this is. I have recently been looking into a good place to go for a hair transplant. Any advice and feedback would be great. I also wonder if being such a young person, would I not be an ideal candidate for a hair transplant? I am relatively new to this and have yet to visit any type of clinics. My hair loss is rapid and is very noticeable. I am mainly thinning/balding in the frontal part of my head, no noticeable hairloss on the top of my head. Cheers

With a chain clinic such as this, the sort of results you can expect will really depend on the doctor and/or location you go to. Bosley spends a lot of money on marketing and advertising which many construe as meaning they care more about performing a large number of procedures than achieving optimal results for individual patients (obviously this is just some peoples' opinion). Doctors recommended on this site more commonly derive their reputation from word-of-mouth based on high-quality, consistent results. I would advise you to diligently research any doctor or clinic you are considering. Reading the forums and articles on this site is a great start, as well as performing a basic "Google search" of the clinic or doctor's name.

As far as being 'very young' (how old are you exactly?), this may be an issue. Top surgeons are reluctant to perform procedures on very young men as it's difficult to estimate how far hair loss will progress.

hey man a transplant should be the last step, have you tried propecia, and/or rogaine. Most good doc will make you try these for a year before they will even talk about a transplant. Really take your time with this decision and find a good doc who will be honest with you. There are alot of people you should talk to and stories on this board that you should read, before jumping into a transplant

Thanks for the replies. There happens to be two good doctors in a pretty close area to where I'm at and a bosley clinic as well. I am 22 years old. Havent tried propecia yet, from what ive read on these forums propecia just seems to stop hairloss rather then regrow. It also seems like a lot of the members on the board havent had great success using this product. I will look into rogaine as well as propecia before I go to the hair transplant doctor. Would that doctor be able to prescribe these certain things? Maybe i will just go to her for all of my questions.