+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New hair?

Default New hair?

I had a question for the Forum.

I started out 14 months ago with a full head of hair and decided to go on Propecia because baldness runs in the family.

Long story short I started shedding and it has not stopped for 14 months straight until last week, my hair is pretty much gone.

I talked with a Hair Restoration Dr and he told me to stay on the pill and we would schedule surgery end of the summer.

My question is i am starting to see little black hairs sticking straight up in one of my temples and a couple thin black ones on the top of my head, is this new hair or just miniaturized hair make it's last hurrah.

I wasn't sure because from what i have read usually new hair sticks straight up, i can't get them to lay down with the rest of my hair and i have around 50 of them.

Also they are darker than my normal hair color.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldelocks View Post
    I had a question for the Forum.

I started out 14 months ago with a full head of hair and decided to go on Propecia because baldness runs in the family.

Long story short I started shedding and it has not stopped for 14 months straight until last week, my hair is pretty much gone.

I talked with a Hair Restoration Dr and he told me to stay on the pill and we would schedule surgery end of the summer.

My question is i am starting to see little black hairs sticking straight up in one of my temples and a couple thin black ones on the top of my head, is this new hair or just miniaturized hair make it's last hurrah.

I wasn't sure because from what i have read usually new hair sticks straight up, i can't get them to lay down with the rest of my hair and i have around 50 of them.

Also they are darker than my normal hair color.

Thank you.
    WHOOOAAAAA.... SLOW DOWN MAN!!

1) Do you have pictures??

2) If you've been on finasteride for FOURTEEN MONTHS and you have lost most of your hair, then GET OFF of finasteride!! What kind of quack doctor is giving you this horrible, horrible advice. Obviously, your body is counteracting the drug and making you bald quicker OR you have sever TE from the hormonal imbalance.

3) CANCEL your HT NOW

You are hastily making decisions that you will regret for the rest of your life. Slow down, post some pics and await legitimate, educated responses from some of the forum leaders. Perhaps Joe Tillman can give you advice AFTER you've posted some pictures. He has been through all of this and is a well known mentor in the HT world.

If your HT doc is prescribing you propecia and telling you to stay on it when it's obviously destroying your hair, and THEN scheduling you for an HT right way, then you need to expose this guy, because he sounds horribly unethical. Please, post some pictures.

I have no pictures, I really didn't think it was bad I was told I could shed up to a year.

I finally stopped shedding last 2 weeks and i see around 25 new hairs growing on one side of my temple but they are very thin.

I also see thin jet black hairs popping up all over my head, but they are very thin and i'm guessing its very bad.

I noticed I have a couple thick black hairs growing lower than my original hair line too.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    If your HT doc is prescribing you propecia and telling you to stay on it when it's obviously destroying your hair, and THEN scheduling you for an HT right way, then you need to expose this guy, because he sounds horribly unethical. Please, post some pictures.
    I'm already going to get a second opinion from another restoration company next week.

So i'm guessing the patches of thin black hair on my hairline are just garbage growing back?

They are thin but they are plenty, i also noticed a couple of stray thick hairs growing where it's been bare for the last 6 months.

You had a full head of hair and lost it all in 14 months after taking Propecia? What kind of doc prescribes Propecia to a guy with a full head of hair?!?