Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmoreno515
    • Nov 2014

Taking Iron increases DHT?

My doctor says I need to take iron 65 mgs a day for three months, I know iron increases blood count but by doing this can I raise DHT as well and increase my hair loss? I took a pill of iron and its got me nervous that this will happen. Someone please let me know.
  • jamesst11
    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by bmoreno515
    My doctor says I need to take iron 65 mgs a day for three months, I know iron increases blood count but by doing this can I raise DHT as well and increase my hair loss? I took a pill of iron and its got me nervous that this will happen. Someone please let me know.
    How exactly does Iron raise DHT? This is interesting.

Comment

• bmoreno515
      • Nov 2014

Not saying that it does lol but just wondering since it gives you more red blood cells to produce more blood could more DHT enter the blood stream when taking it or could it boost it?

Comment

• jamesst11
        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by bmoreno515
        Not saying that it does lol but just wondering since it gives you more red blood cells to produce more blood could more DHT enter the blood stream when taking it or could it boost it?
        No, it simply allows hemoglobin, the primary component of the red blood cell, carry more iron. Iron ions bind oxygen, and allows the RBC to carry it and deliver it to the tissues. More iron = more oxygen to the tissues... not more blood. Your blood volume is highly regulated by intestines and kidneys and such. Iron should have absolutely no effect on blood pressure or DHT.

Comment

Working...