+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair Transplant Doctor Recommendations

Backround
    I started losing my hair at 18, it got pretty bad by 21 and I was put on Finastride and Minoxidil. I am currently 24 years old (turning 25 in 3 months), and I am about a norwood 4. My hair loss has slowed down since I started my treatments and I recently added Nizoral to my regimen due to the flaking from the Minoxidil.

Plan
    I have been researching hair transplants and Surgeons for the past couple of years mostly because my hair loss has held me back in many aspects of my life and I want to finally take that step into correcting the issue. I think im a pretty good candidate, my hair is coarse and somewhat wavy (curly). My plan is to get 4000-4500 grafts for my first transplant for mostly the front region and maybe 500 for mid scalp where I have some thinning. Then another 3500-4000 later on after I have lost hair in the vertex to mid scalp. I plan on getting FUT's because they allow for more donor hair harvesting .

My first choice is Hasson and Wong, the results are just amazing and they speak for themselves. The problem im dealing with now is that I am not a permanent resident in the United States (Daca). I have sent in my documents in the hopes of getting "Advance Parole" in order to travel to Canada for the procedure. My main question now is: in the unlikelihood that I do not receive permission to travel outside the United States, are their any surgeons within the U.S. that can offer as good of results as Hasson and Wong can?

I am a Florida resident.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars196 View Post
    Backround
    I started losing my hair at 18, it got pretty bad by 21 and I was put on Finastride and Minoxidil. I am currently 24 years old (turning 25 in 3 months), and I am about a norwood 4. My hair loss has slowed down since I started my treatments and I recently added Nizoral to my regimen due to the flaking from the Minoxidil.

Plan
    I have been researching hair transplants and Surgeons for the past couple of years mostly because my hair loss has held me back in many aspects of my life and I want to finally take that step into correcting the issue. I think im a pretty good candidate, my hair is coarse and somewhat wavy (curly). My plan is to get 4000-4500 grafts for my first transplant for mostly the front region and maybe 500 for mid scalp where I have some thinning. Then another 3500-4000 later on after I have lost hair in the vertex to mid scalp. I plan on getting FUT's because they allow for more donor hair harvesting .

My first choice is Hasson and Wong, the results are just amazing and they speak for themselves. The problem im dealing with now is that I am not a permanent resident in the United States (Daca). I have sent in my documents in the hopes of getting "Advance Parole" in order to travel to Canada for the procedure. My main question now is: in the unlikelihood that I do not receive permission to travel outside the United States, are their any surgeons within the U.S. that can offer as good of results as Hasson and Wong can?

I am a Florida resident.
    The Shapiro bros have pretty solid results. But, yeah, I would prefer H & W over any one

Dr. Gabel in Oregon is an absolute diamond in the rough, very thorough and affordable I beleive his FUT is $4 a graft. Also Dr. Konoir one of the best in the world. Dr. Cooley, Dr. Ron Shapiro, my doctor was Dr. Diep in California check him out on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post
    Dr. Gabel in Oregon is an absolute diamond in the rough, very thorough and affordable I beleive his FUT is $4 a graft. Also Dr. Konoir one of the best in the world. Dr. Cooley, Dr. Ron Shapiro, my doctor was Dr. Diep in California check him out on YouTube.
    Referring to Dr. Gable as a “diamond in the rough” is a little insulting. Based on his pictures and case documentation on this site, he is a true diamond. Nothing “rough” about him. Dr. Diep does not even come close as far reputation and if you read some of the other sites, where he is talked about more, he is not even in the same league as the other doctors you mentioned. No offense it looks like you had a very nice result, but generally speaking I think you might be the exception rather than the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    Referring to Dr. Gable as a “diamond in the rough” is a little insulting. Based on his pictures and case documentation on this site, he is a true diamond. Nothing “rough” about him. Dr. Diep does not even come close as far reputation and if you read some of the other sites, where he is talked about more, he is not even in the same league as the other doctors you mentioned. No offense it looks like you had a very nice result, but generally speaking I think you might be the exception rather than the rule.
    You're are quite the sensitive person, how am I insulting Dr. Gabel? Btw it's *gabel not gable. By diamond in the rough I mean that he's not regularly mentioned as much as other physicians like H&W etc. he's generally less known it was not an insult.

I'm interested to know how you think Dr. Konoir and Dr. Cooley are not in the same league? Especially since Dr. Gabel wrote a book with Dr. Konoir. Dr. Diep has dozens of cases presented on YouTube you may not like him fair enough that's your opinion and your entitled to it. My opinion is that he's a great surgeon and i don't think I'm the exception at all he has plenty of cases presented on another forum where he's recommended.

Btw op I had an in person consult with Dr. Gabel, he was the nicest most thorough physician I had ever consulted with, and I consulted with a lot in person. He checks your head for miniaturization which is key and will discuss a long term plan with you in detail, he'll even recommend good restaurants in Portland he's a great doctor, one of the few hands on physicians like Dr. Konoir.

Quote Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post
    You're are quite the sensitive person, how am I insulting Dr. Gabel? Btw it's *gabel not gable. By diamond in the rough I mean that he's not regularly mentioned as much as other physicians like H&W etc. he's generally less known it was not an insult.
    “Diamond in the rough” is a very common idiom that usually refers to a person who has good qualities despite a rough exterior; a person with great potential, not someone who is less visible on a message forum. Thank you for pointing out my type-o and my apologies to Dr. Gabel.

I'm interested to know how you think Dr. Konoir and Dr. Cooley are not in the same league? Especially since Dr. Gabel wrote a book with Dr. Konoir. Dr. Diep has dozens of cases presented on YouTube you may not like him fair enough that's your opinion and your entitled to it. My opinion is that he's a great surgeon and i don't think I'm the exception at all he has plenty of cases presented on another forum where he's recommended.
    I’m not sure how you can confuse my statement that clearly states that Dr. Gabel, Dr. Konoir and Dr. Cooley are at the top of their game, meaning that they are in a different league. They are the A team, not the B team.

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    “Diamond in the rough” is a very common idiom that usually refers to a person who has good qualities despite a rough exterior; a person with great potential, not someone who is less visible on a message forum. Thank you for pointing out my type-o and my apologies to Dr. Gabel.

Thank you for pointing out my incorrect usage of the phrase "diamond in the rough" my apologies to Dr. Gabel.