X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thinkingaboutit
    • Sep 2012

Hair sprays to conceal thinning areas or bald spots

Good Morning All,

Its been some time since I have been on this forum. I need your collective advice again. I had HT a few years ago, and I am happy with the result. However, I have discovered that I probably did not lose "all" my hair when I had the HT. I recently started losing some hair towards the back crown and towards the lower sides. So although I have a head of hair at the front, on one side in particular, its obvious that there is a bold spot. Because I have a complete hair line at the front, I feel it looks odd, and possibly makes it even more obvious that I have had a HT. It may also be me being a bit paranoid or self conscious. I know the long term solution is to have another HT, and I was going to anyway, to make everything more thicker. But I would like to postpone this, hopefully, last HT as much as I can to see how much more hair loss happens towards the back. The reality is, I will most likely lose hair towards the back into my 60's so I also know there is no point in waiting too long.

In the meantime, I would like to find a good quality spray that conceals thinking areas or bald spots. I sea them advertised on TV sometimes. I want a good quality one, not one with toxic chemicals that will damage my hair. So I am happy to pay a reasonable price for it. Can anyone make any recommendations or share any links with me of products they have used. I would be very grateful. Thank you.
  • AlexieJ
    • Jan 2016

I haven't had much success with the spray concealer (although I'm a girl so maybe it's different...) I like the powder based concealer like Dermmatch or fiber concealer like Strand Maximizer. I can't get the spray ones to look very natural.

Comment

• allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
      • Aug 2015

If your hair isn't too short or thin, dermmatch is fantastic in my opinion. It doesn't give a damn about wind, water, hats or anything, and it doesn't feel weird. It'll stay in for days on end if you don't shampoo it out too.

Comment

• Hairismylife
        • Jun 2012

Better than Toppik?

Comment

• baldybald
          • Jul 2012

Dermmatch is the best concealer, it is not perfect though. The problem is that it comes of on the pillow or when you touch by your hand it will become a bit black. Also your hair will become a little bit stiff.

Comment

• Braveheart
            • Oct 2019

Dermatch works great. There is also Innisfree hair make up that provides excellent results as well.

Comment

Working...