+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Bosley may have been a mistake.

My fiancé had had two transplants by Bosley over ten years ago and has started having thinning is his crown. We thought it would be a great idea to go back since he had seemed happy with the results he had previously achieved.

I feel now after him having the third procedure that we may have made a mistake. There were some actions that cause me concern and I wonder if this isn't par for the course with them.

He had passed out from loss of blood, they didn't bother to inform me of this. No one called me when it happened and not when I came into the room for post op maintenance information. He was scared and had asked to see me which was ignored. We were forced to pay 600$ for a post op care kit that contains Walmart brand antibiotic ointment, shampoo, a morning and night spray, 10 pain Meds and a bottle of 16 Advil.

During the last parts of his procedure, I over heard the techs complaining about the last two hundred graphs that needed to be done and arguing about not wanting to do them while finally deciding to each do 100. It didn't increase my confidence in the situation.

More and more I understand why I was not allowed to be in the room with him, I feel like there may have been some shady actions they didn't want seen.

I understand that sometimes people cannot handle blood and medical procedures, that's not me. I was allowed to observe my fathers brain surgery which is a much more complex and dangerous procedure. I had multiple times informed them of my desire to stay and observe and they multiple times said Doctor preference prohibits this. I feel I understand why.

When his numbing agent wore off and he still had hours to go, no more was given until he was in so much pain he needed a break and finally they re numbed him.

I asked multiple times which pre op Meds were given. A a shot and something dissolved under his tongue, I've still not been told.
    Looking at the sutures, I fear compared to his previous procedures, this may scar immensely.

I wish we had found these threads and opted for a private doctor. I'm at a loss on what actions we should take now and he is feeling fear about the future of the surgery and his graphs.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hello Jojo1703... How old is your fiance now?

He is 34.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

OK thanks! I will respond tomorrow (off to work now-sorry).
    Others will respond today though, have a good day!

He is 34

While the experience did not seem great, don’t panic. It’s still very possible that the results will end up just fine. Bosley is not known for the highest quality hair transplants but if you listen to Spencer Kobren’s show, which you can find on this site, he does say that they have come a long way, which means a lot. They probably do regular old fashioned strip transplants, but if the grafts are dissected using microscopes and the doctor and techs know what they are doing, there is a good chance that he will be fine.

It is terrible to hear the way you and your fiancé were treated and that you were charged so much for the aftercare kit, but these big companies spend a lot of money on advertising and overhead so it is not surpassing that you would be paying more for the surgery and for everything that should go along with it.

I hope everything works out.

Thank you!

One of our biggest fears is that the technicians did a subpar Job because they were tired and in a hurry to finish. I don't know how to tell at this point, and they tell us it'll take 8 months for any growth to show.

They were not upfront with a lot of the questions I asked before we even booked the procedure. Our wedding is in two months and both of us are feeling much anxiety and an extreme feeling of hopelessness.

I wish I would have known better and did more research. We assumed since he had done it before it would be ok again. We were so wrong.

I think we're just trying to alleviate some of the anxiety we are feeling and praying everything works out for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo1703 View Post
    My fiancé had had two transplants by Bosley over ten years ago and has started having thinning is his crown. We thought it would be a great idea to go back since he had seemed happy with the results he had previously achieved.

I feel now after him having the third procedure that we may have made a mistake. There were some actions that cause me concern and I wonder if this isn't par for the course with them.

He had passed out from loss of blood, they didn't bother to inform me of this. No one called me when it happened and not when I came into the room for post op maintenance information. He was scared and had asked to see me which was ignored. We were forced to pay 600$ for a post op care kit that contains Walmart brand antibiotic ointment, shampoo, a morning and night spray, 10 pain Meds and a bottle of 16 Advil.

During the last parts of his procedure, I over heard the techs complaining about the last two hundred graphs that needed to be done and arguing about not wanting to do them while finally deciding to each do 100. It didn't increase my confidence in the situation.

More and more I understand why I was not allowed to be in the room with him, I feel like there may have been some shady actions they didn't want seen.

I understand that sometimes people cannot handle blood and medical procedures, that's not me. I was allowed to observe my fathers brain surgery which is a much more complex and dangerous procedure. I had multiple times informed them of my desire to stay and observe and they multiple times said Doctor preference prohibits this. I feel I understand why.

When his numbing agent wore off and he still had hours to go, no more was given until he was in so much pain he needed a break and finally they re numbed him.

I asked multiple times which pre op Meds were given. A a shot and something dissolved under his tongue, I've still not been told.
    Looking at the sutures, I fear compared to his previous procedures, this may scar immensely.

I wish we had found these threads and opted for a private doctor. I'm at a loss on what actions we should take now and he is feeling fear about the future of the surgery and his graphs.

I am sorry to hear this. I hope everything turns out o.k., and no matter what, remember there is always a solution. Having said that, I myself am a former victim of Bosley. I am NOT trying to scare you in any way, but I can say that in my personal opinion, if Bosley was involved with a hair transplant there is a strong chance that there was malpractice or other unethical behavior somewhere in his treatment. They are like the fast food restaurant in a city of fine authentic cuisine. They deal in bulk and have lawyers up the butt, so they are not really afraid of anything. They are designed to lure in potential patients and have very, very unreasonable standards on who is a good candidate for HT surgery. They performed on me when I had nearly a full head of hair. The procedure straight up destroyed it. Every where they touched became like a desert for my natural hair growth. My native hair just fell out and never grew back. I say this, because this leads me to the very critical question - how much hair did your husband have when they performed their first surgery on him?? I tell you with utmost certainty, there intention was for a second and third procedure. Please, do not go back to them and consider consulting with an attorney. Be very careful from here on out. Research, research research.

This is what concerns me. He had a ton of hair during his first and second but wanted to help his hairline. I peeked at his before and after photos from the first two procedures and I am shocked they pushed him to even do anything at those times due to the amount of hair he had then. I believe that they may have thinned his hair out to be honest. I'm worried that the graphs they did to "reinforce" the hairline will damage the formerly transplanted hair. We originally only went in for hair on the crown. I asked and asked and it was almost as if no one wanted to answer me.

Can someone tell me how others hr differ? Why bosley is known for being subpar and what do they do that causes that?

And how we can fix this if, in fact, it is not up to standards.