+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

yea I guess ur right Joe. I mean usually on any of the HT forums the word Bosley is pretty much never discussed as an option but to those that have not done their research Bosley seems like the obvious choice I guess cause its not like ur seeing any of the top HT surgeons advertising on TV.

and BTW I think it was real shitty wat that coward ****over at ********* did to you. its a real shame a moron like runs that website. anyone who disagrees with him and says anything negative about a "Paying" doctor who advertises gets banned. he's a real schmuck and has no business running anything.

and to see the doctors that they actually recommend over there makes me LOL literally!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    I think instead it demonstrates how effective marketing can be. When a company spends 30 million a year on marketing, such as Bosley does, it is not just to pay for commercials and magazine ads. It partially goes into research to find what works and what doesn't work and to understand how the average consumer reacts to specific marketing stimuli. These companies are not aiming for the consumer that is doing research on forums such as BTT. They are aimed at the consumer that believes reasonable sounding information, which to the uneducated, is exactly what their ads provide.
    Last edited by Winston; 03-26-2016 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Disparaging remarks pertaining to other hair transplant forums or their staff is not encouraged or permitted on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    They do not hire well trained techs most of the time. I was under the impression that my doc would do all the recipient site placement. I put my trust in her. The day off, she cut the strip quickly, sewed me up and left the room for two hours to tend to another patient I assume. The techs that were seperating the grafts, could not have been older than 23-25. These were the same techs that placed the grafts. My doc created the recipient sites, 900 of them, in probably less than five minutes. five months later, almost all my native hair was dead. Since then, I have heard numerous complaints about this horribly unethical doctor... but her practice remains... They are simply vultures. They are all parasites. Like a parasite, they use illusion and trickery to invade the host and simply feed off them repetitively, sucking their money dry in hopes of a better outcome the next time.

Jojo, I do not know if you feel comfortable doing this.. but anyone that has a bad experience with an unethical doctor, I believe, has the obligation to expose said doctor. I know for fact, my simple story has persuaded several others from being butchered by my same doctor, and other Bosley surgeons around the world. You should start a thread and expose these parasites.
    His doctor didn't place any grafts. It was technicians who were young, early 20's I would say. One was sick the day of as well, i overheard her say she had a cold. I pray that they did a good job. I assume the doctor checked the work, but that is only an assumption.

I think instead it demonstrates how effective marketing can be. When a company spends 30 million a year on marketing, such as Bosley does, it is not just to pay for commercials and magazine ads. It partially goes into research to find what works and what doesn't work and to understand how the average consumer reacts to specific marketing stimuli. These companies are not aiming for the consumer that is doing research on forums such as BTT. They are aimed at the consumer that believes reasonable sounding information, which to the uneducated, is exactly what their ads provide.
    For our situation, we were honestly unaware that there were other options. Ten years ago when he did his first and second, he was young and thought that Bolsey was the front runner in HT surgery and didn't know of anything else. This is why we again went with them. I started doing research after feeling like the experience was "off". We live in a state without any HT doctors or a Bosley and honestly we put our trust in the name assuming that they were of quality. It was naive of us but as Joe said, marketing works. I'd honestly not seen a commercial for it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo1703 View Post
    For our situation, we were honestly unaware that there were other options. Ten years ago when he did his first and second, he was young and thought that Bolsey was the front runner in HT surgery and didn't know of anything else. This is why we again went with them. I started doing research after feeling like the experience was "off". We live in a state without any HT doctors or a Bosley and honestly we put our trust in the name assuming that they were of quality. It was naive of us but as Joe said, marketing works. I'd honestly not seen a commercial for it before.
    Don't feel bad. When 99% of the population here the words hair transplant, the first thought that pops into their mind is Bosley. Like Joe said, this is how they market. They infiltrate the minds of the public, so that when you're losing your hair, their name is always in the back of your mind. Like fast food and McDonalds.

Hi Jojo,

James gave you my name and website for help. I've been away for the past few days and I just got back in a short while ago. I'm about to go on air, live, on the Bald Truth show so you are welcome to call in and discuss the issue.

http://gfqnetwork.com/live/

Joe,

I had a couple questions since you have had a lot of experience with not only your own but all the doctors you have worked with.

I have been following your advice and documenting everything we do. Daily videos and photos and a diary log of times and actions.

Last night we were discussing some of the procedure and he had a couple questions and concerns.

We were told he was given a local anesthetic, but he was knocked out for the majority of the procedure. Is that common practice? He did not have that happen during his previous two. It concerns him that he had no memory or recollection for large chunks at a time. And of course since I wasn't allowed in or to talk to him it concerns me as well.

In about a year we are interested in visiting one of the doctors you recommend to discuss his options and any further procedures if needed. I know we may be jumping the gun, but we also want to be prepared. Had we been more prepared and done more research we could have saved ourselves a lot of tears, anxiety and pain.

My last question is about shampoo/conditioner and other products that you or your doctors recommend.

I have read several articles and posts about them and was wondering what products you recommended as there is a vast array of them on the market.

Thank you again.

We were told he was given a local anesthetic, but he was knocked out for the majority of the procedure. Is that common practice? He did not have that happen during his previous two. It concerns him that he had no memory or recollection for large chunks at a time. And of course since I wasn't allowed in or to talk to him it concerns me as well.
    No, this is not common but some clinic do knock their patients out for the surgery. I never understood the logic of this. This is one of the things that you have no control over as the patient has no opportunity to object to anything that is going on. At this point, it is not a point that matters but it is something you should make sure is documented.

In about a year we are interested in visiting one of the doctors you recommend to discuss his options and any further procedures if needed. I know we may be jumping the gun, but we also want to be prepared. Had we been more prepared and done more research we could have saved ourselves a lot of tears, anxiety and pain.
    No, you're not jumping the gun. You're empowering yourself for the future, which is what you should be doing. The next few months are going to be a rollercoaster of emotions. This is true even for patients that HAVE done their research and have read about all of the experiences online but it still happens. For you it may be worse just because you have the stain of this experience on your minds but regardless, you just need to remember that the result needs to have the time it deserves to reach maturity. No amount of frustration, screaming, kicking or action will change how the result will unfold so simply hang on for the ride. As I've said before, there is a very good chance that things could turn out fine so just try to keep that in mind.

My last question is about shampoo/conditioner and other products that you or your doctors recommend.

I have read several articles and posts about them and was wondering what products you recommended as there is a vast array of them on the market.
    As far as post-op recommendations, as long as you haven't received alternative recommendations from your clinic, then you're fine to use basically whatever you want. if there are recommendations then stick to them and ignore the rest of this paragraph There isn't a shampoo out there that will damage anything and none will really help. Just stick with quality shampoos, preferably ones you can buy in a good store and avoid the discount and low cost brands. Some have thickening properties but this really takes experimentation and that's about it. Once everything has healed, maybe around one month, he can try adding a ketoconazole shampoo such as Nizoral to his routine as directed on the bottle (two or three times a week?) and that should be the max that he'd need.

To ensure hair health he can consider taking MSM tablets, available in any drug store or health food store (even your grocer) as well as biotin. These will help your hair grow stronger and faster but they have no known effect on promoting early growth of grafts.

Happy Easter!
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

No, this is not common but some clinic do knock their patients out for the surgery. I never understood the logic of this. This is one of the things that you have no control over as the patient has no opportunity to object to anything that is going on. At this point, it is not a point that matters but it is something you should make sure is documented.

No, you're not jumping the gun. You're empowering yourself for the future, which is what you should be doing. The next few months are going to be a rollercoaster of emotions. This is true even for patients that HAVE done their research and have read about all of the experiences online but it still happens. For you it may be worse just because you have the stain of this experience on your minds but regardless, you just need to remember that the result needs to have the time it deserves to reach maturity. No amount of frustration, screaming, kicking or action will change how the result will unfold so simply hang on for the ride. As I've said before, there is a very good chance that things could turn out fine so just try to keep that in mind.

As far as post-op recommendations, as long as you haven't received alternative recommendations from your clinic, then you're fine to use basically whatever you want. if there are recommendations then stick to them and ignore the rest of this paragraph There isn't a shampoo out there that will damage anything and none will really help. Just stick with quality shampoos, preferably ones you can buy in a good store and avoid the discount and low cost brands. Some have thickening properties but this really takes experimentation and that's about it. Once everything has healed, maybe around one month, he can try adding a ketoconazole shampoo such as Nizoral to his routine as directed on the bottle (two or three times a week?) and that should be the max that he'd need.

To ensure hair health he can consider taking MSM tablets, available in any drug store or health food store (even your grocer) as well as biotin. These will help your hair grow stronger and faster but they have no known effect on promoting early growth of grafts.

Happy Easter!
    Joe,

Happy Easter to you as well!

Thank you again for taking your time to answer my questions. It's extremely helpful to have such a knowledgable person. 🤓It's very clear that you have made a difference for us in our outlook and anxiety about the past and future of this procedure. I know your speaking and advocacy has helped so many. You are a blessing to the HT community.

This website has been a blessing as well.

Things do seem to be healing well. I remove his sutures tomorrow. Little spikes are growing in and the scabbing is going away. I'm praying he's one of the lucky few who doesn't have any shock loss.

It is all about patience right now and for a few months. I am excited at the future and visiting one of the doctors whom you recommend.

I will update after his first haircut on April 16 and with some wedding photos, As well as healing and growth. Super rivoting stuff, I know. 😉

Thanks again for all the support. 😁

Smile Quick Update

The suture site seems to be healing well albeit some sores from maybe some hairs growing through the area causing some sort of in-growns.

April 16 he goes for his first haircut in forever. His hair is so long and curly and thinned in some areas possibly due to shock loss. The main area we have noticed that in is the area he had previously had two transplants, the front. All of his front hair is transplanted hair. Hopefully, it comes back.

Here are some photos of the crown to date

This experience has been stressful and emotionally draining but I have learned a lot and I have found this community.

About 6 weeks until the wedding. I ordered some Toppik for him to try before the wedding to perhaps use at the wedding. If anyone has a better suggestion, I am all for it.

I will post some after haircut photos, his hair always looks better after a haircut. It is so heavy when it is long and curly that it makes it look thinner
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4.6.16.1.jpg

Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	45899   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.6.16.2.jpg

Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	45900   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.6.16.3.jpg

Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	45901   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.6.16.4.jpg

Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	45902   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.6.16.6.jpg

Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	45903   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.6.16.8.jpg

Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	45904   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.6.16.9.jpg

Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	45905  

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo1703 View Post
    The suture site seems to be healing well albeit some sores from maybe some hairs growing through the area causing some sort of in-growns.

April 16 he goes for his first haircut in forever. His hair is so long and curly and thinned in some areas possibly due to shock loss. The main area we have noticed that in is the area he had previously had two transplants, the front. All of his front hair is transplanted hair. Hopefully, it comes back.

Here are some photos of the crown to date

This experience has been stressful and emotionally draining but I have learned a lot and I have found this community.

About 6 weeks until the wedding. I ordered some Toppik for him to try before the wedding to perhaps use at the wedding. If anyone has a better suggestion, I am all for it.

I will post some after haircut photos, his hair always looks better after a haircut. It is so heavy when it is long and curly that it makes it look thinner
    Hi JoJo,
    Thank you for the updates. It looks normal, actually, and there is nothing I see that shows that there is any impending problems. A tip about the Toppik, when it comes time to experiment try not to use too much so that it looks caked on. The trick is to still allow some scalp to show through as that is what looks natural. Be sure to get a strong hairspray that has a shine to it because Toppik can make the area treated look dull and powdery. You should also order and try Dermatch which is applied directly to the scalp and doesn't need to be sprinkled in.

He's going to get sores in the donor zone off an on for a few months and it is just part of the healing process. When growth starts he'll get some pimples in the recipient area because some of the hairs get trapped and become "ingrown". You can use a hand towel soaked in hot water to relax the tissue then squeeze it out. It doesn't hurt the grafts and frees up the hair.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors