+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Give it some time, it looks like he will heal up o.k. As for whether or not performing on him in the first was ethical or not, you know my opinion - absolutely not. I feel when most surgeons from Bosley encounter someone that just has minimal hair loss, they feel like they've hit the jack pot. They perform on them, knowing in the next year or so, they will experience additional loss, and keep coming back. They back you into a horrible situation and try to make you rely on them again to solve it. I had a similar situation, but am assuming I had even MORE hair than your husband when I had my procedure done. I contacted several lawyers and one considered my case, then refused to take me on.

I THEN started posting on hair loss forums, like this one. I just showed a before and after picture, with details about the procedure AND the doctors name so she would be held accountable, and people would know not to go to that doctor. FIRST, some relations guy in NY called me and offered ANOTHER PROCEDURE. I almost lost it over the phone. I went into her office, dropped the photos on the desk and asked her, "do you think it's ethical to perform a hair transplant on people with such minimal hair loss?? Because I have talked to leaders in the industry and on hair loss forums and the consensus is that this is wrong". She just started spouting out some nonsense, then started ignoring me. I have suffered horribly from this situation, but in return I have helped people avoid similar ones.

They then offered my money back, in return for removing all my posts. I said no. A few grand is not worth it. People need to be informed about what an unethical person she is.

I am surprised no one else is commenting on this. This forum is known for being obsessed with hair transplants and NO ONE is giving you and advice. Here you have another Bosley case and people are more concerned with other, non substantial topics.

You need to contact Joe Tillman and step by step, explain your entire situation. He is known to be a leader in online mentoring for hair transplant procedures. He has a blog here - http://www.hairtransplantmentor.com/

Your husband will heal up fine, and you have to wait to see the results, 8-12 months. I don't know what to say, because this is a tricky industry. If you feel you have a case for malpractice, or emotional trauma, contact an attorney, and describe your case over the phone. It's difficult in most situations, because as long as the level of care for a patient is met, it's hard to pursue.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your input. I feel like everything you have said is true. It is all about money and they don't care about the outcomes and emotional traumas that the patients suffer.

Thank you for the resource as well. It really is a tragedy that so many people are taken advantage of by such guerilla marketing tactics.

Again, thank you for your words and support.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo1703 View Post
    I can't tell you how much I appreciate your input. I feel like everything you have said is true. It is all about money and they don't care about the outcomes and emotional traumas that the patients suffer.

Thank you for the resource as well. It really is a tragedy that so many people are taken advantage of by such guerilla marketing tactics.

Again, thank you for your words and support.
    No worries at all. I hope everything works out o.k. for you two. He's lucky he has you to support him!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    I am surprised no one else is commenting on this. This forum is known for being obsessed with hair transplants and NO ONE is giving you and advice. Here you have another Bosley case and people are more concerned with other, non substantial topics.

You need to contact Joe Tillman and step by step, explain your entire situation. He is known to be a leader in online mentoring for hair transplant procedures. He has a blog here - http://www.hairtransplantmentor.com/

Your husband will heal up fine, and you have to wait to see the results, 8-12 months. I don't know what to say, because this is a tricky industry. If you feel you have a case for malpractice, or emotional trauma, contact an attorney, and describe your case over the phone. It's difficult in most situations, because as long as the level of care for a patient is met, it's hard to pursue.
    I think the advice given so far has been very reasonable. There is absolutely nothing that can be done at this point. Were they mislead, it does appear that so according to the story, but he already had two surgeries and was obviously not unhappy with the results otherwise he would not go back to Bosley.

We all know that he was too young and had too much hair to have surgery in the first place, but that' s the past.

From the look of the pictures, everything appears to be ok. It is a bit of a shame to waste so many grafts in the crown when he will most likely need more work in the hairline in the future, but what's done is done. Since he had two transplants before he should know how long it takes to heal, so if he believed having a hair transplant two months before getting married was ok, then I can only assume that he is basing this on his own past experience. We all know that most people look worse before they look better so to me this was a mistake but it is not like he is new to this. If he were new to the process it would be a very different story, but since this was his third surgery with the same clinic, he is in part responsible for whatever the outcome might be. Just because they were mislead does not mean that the results won't be fine. I believe that at this point worrying over what might happen will only cause unnecessary stress.

I just know how heartbroken he is over this situation and it pains me to see him distressed over something that was supposed to make things better.

He was young when he had his first two procedures (22 & 24) and didn't remember much from them. We went back again because we didn't know other options were available. Also, it is Bosley again but a different location. We do not have one in our state and had to travel.

He did not lose hair due to shock loss last time (that he recalls) and didn't recall anyone mentioning it to him then so we didn't have any cause for concern until we were told once the procedure was done. I had asked multiple times if we should wait until after the wedding and was told no that it would not impact his hair in any means and that doing the procedure this close would be fine. We originally had planned the procedure for August after our honeymoon, but they convinced us to do it sooner.

I know worrying is wasteful at this time, but the atmosphere and environment of the procedure are what caused us concern. I basically came here to get ideas, options and suggestions. James has given me a few great resources to reach out to. I think I was also looking for some sort of assurance that sometimes even when things seem and feel dire they can work out OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo1703 View Post
    He was young when he had his first two procedures (22 & 24) and didn't remember much from them. We went back again because we didn't know other options were available. Also, it is Bosley again but a different location. We do not have one in our state and had to travel.

He did not lose hair due to shock loss last time (that he recalls) and didn't recall anyone mentioning it to him then so we didn't have any cause for concern until we were told once the procedure was done. I had asked multiple times if we should wait until after the wedding and was told no that it would not impact his hair in any means and that doing the procedure this close would be fine. We originally had planned the procedure for August after our honeymoon, but they convinced us to do it sooner.

I know worrying is wasteful at this time, but the atmosphere and environment of the procedure are what caused us concern. I basically came here to get ideas, options and suggestions. James has given me a few great resources to reach out to. I think I was also looking for some sort of assurance that sometimes even when things seem and feel dire they can work out OK.
    They definitely can!! He will heal up, and the grafts will grow! The only uncertainty is how happy he will be with the outcome, but that takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    They definitely can!! He will heal up, and the grafts will grow! The only uncertainty is how happy he will be with the outcome, but that takes time.
    James,

Thank you so much. I am lucky I found this site and forum. It is helping alleviate a lot of our fears.

Thank you for helping me.

Hi Jojo,

James gave you my name and website for help. I've been away for the past few days and I just got back in a short while ago. I'm about to go on air, live, on the Bald Truth show so you are welcome to call in and discuss the issue.

http://gfqnetwork.com/live/

Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    Hi Jojo,

James gave you my name and website for help. I've been away for the past few days and I just got back in a short while ago. I'm about to go on air, live, on the Bald Truth show so you are welcome to call in and discuss the issue.

http://gfqnetwork.com/live/

I was fortunate to be able to chat about our experience and that was very cathartic.

One of the questions posed was about the doctor and in my interactions with him he was very kind and professional but I only saw him 2-3 quick times. I did interact with the RN and she seemed highly knowledgable and kind. I asked my fiancé about the doctor and he said that he didn't remember much of the time he was there because he was out for it but that he seemed meticulous which bodes well for placement and overall outcome I should think. I am focusing on any and all positives at this point.

He did say no one was necessarily unkind but that we both would have liked aspects of the experience to have been different. Such as allowing me to accompany him and what not.

I feel that having spoken about it alleviates some of the fear that there could be a poor outcome. It's a waiting game from here on out. I will post periodic photos and updates.

Also, in several months, we are to return for a follow-up and I will update the thread with that as well.