+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo1703 View Post
    This is what concerns me. He had a ton of hair during his first and second but wanted to help his hairline. I peeked at his before and after photos from the first two procedures and I am shocked they pushed him to even do anything at those times due to the amount of hair he had then. I believe that they may have thinned his hair out to be honest. I'm worried that the graphs they did to "reinforce" the hairline will damage the formerly transplanted hair. We originally only went in for hair on the crown. I asked and asked and it was almost as if no one wanted to answer me.

Can someone tell me how others hr differ? Why bosley is known for being subpar and what do they do that causes that?

And how we can fix this if, in fact, it is not up to standards.
    *** The number one rule of thumb in the HT world - NEVER perform surgery on a patient who has not showed significant hair loss, has maintained his hair for years on medication or both. Age also plays a significant factor here. Performing on anyone under 30 is often seen as very irresponsible and unethical. There is A LOT of emotional factors and expectations and a certain degree of knowledge, reasonable expectations and emotional maturity are key.

From what you've described, I will say in my personal opinion that what they did to your husband is almost exactly what they did to me. I had loss on one side of my hair line. I was under the assumption that I would lose no more, or lose it very very slowly, and I was self conscience about how it looked. "no big deal, I have the money, it's 4 hours and outpatient" I thought... for 2 years now, I have struggled with depression over what a horrible mistake it was.

It was wrong. It was devious, misleading and unethical. In my opinion, my doctor should have a life sentence in maximum security, because now I know she's done this to others.

Once again - Please rest easy that there is a solution to your husbands issues, and that he is still living and well. From here on out, my personal advice would be to start a NON BIASED thread... simply with before and after photos, just of the recipient and donor area, so we can give you subjective advice. include age, number of operations, graft count per operation and placement. Sorry you both are going through this. I wish you the best of luck.

So photos of before and after? I room photos right after. I do not have access to the original before photos from ten years ago.

I'm sick to my stomach. We spent so much money. And now I'm petrified he's going to have an awful scar and have a botched worthless transplant.

So photos of before and after? I room photos right after. I do not have access to the original before photos from ten years ago.

I'm sick to my stomach. We spent so much money. And now I'm petrified he's going to have an awful scar and have a botched worthless transplant.
    Take a few deep breathes and remember a couple things.

1) it's just money. It sucks, yes but you will make more

2) There IS a solution to everything. There are a lot of knowledgeable, ethical people on here. This place helped me realize that there is a life after a botched HT.

3) Yes, photos of before and after his last procedure. If you have old photos of him in general from before his first procedure, that will help. Also, explain a little bit about the procedure itself:

-How many grafts were transplanted?
    - what exact area was the recipient site (if you have access to an immediate post op photo, that will help)
    - Who was your doctor and where is he/she located (if you feel uncomfortable, don't.)

Things will get BETTER Hang in there.

He had passed out from loss of blood, they didn't bother to inform me of this. No one called me when it happened and not when I came into the room for post op maintenance information. He was scared and had asked to see me which was ignored. We were forced to pay 600$ for a post op care kit that contains Walmart brand antibiotic ointment, shampoo, a morning and night spray, 10 pain Meds and a bottle of 16 Advil. .
    Passing out is concerning.
    And forced to pay $600 for a post op care kit is ridiculous. I would figure they give him a prescription for pain killers and that be it

Post some pics it may not be as bad as you think . Then again you would have to give it a year to see the growth

I'm attempting to get these photos to post.

Here are photos from before:

And here is after:

I could probably take a few better.

2400 graphs. Took nearly 12 hours. Strip method. Bled a ton. I'll add images of the sutures and guaranteed scar area.

I'm attempting to get these photos to post.

Here are photos from before:

And here is after:

I could probably take a few better.

2400 graphs. Took nearly 12 hours. Strip method. Bled a ton. I'll add images of the sutures and guaranteed scar area.
    I cannot see them. there is just an icon.

I am trying to get them to post. I may have to upload them tomorrow once I get to a proper computer. My iPhone isn't cutting it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7685.jpg

Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	45670Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7686.jpg

Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	45671Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7732.jpg

Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	45672Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7733.jpg

Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	45673Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7734.JPG

Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	45674

The first photos are post procedure. I will add the suture photo later as well.

The third and fourth photo are the photos Bosley had us send for the consultation via email. This is where they recommended 2400 graphs which we did and they requested prepayment for.

I asked a series of questions before we committed, but the answers to those questions changed once the prpcedure was completed. Such as potenrial shock loss after procedure. I had asked about anything like that which would impact our wedding and photos and was told no worries and once the procedure was completed I was told oh it happens.

The photo of the both of us was taken in middle Jan and you can see he has nice looking hair.

The placement of the graphs is (supposedly) 1500 on the crown, 400 to "reinforce" the hairline, and the rest between the hairline and the crown. Now, oddly they left a space of over an inch after the hairline "reinforcement" where nothing was placed then began the placement then back to the crown. I asked what the reason for the space was and still have not received answers. I feel like once the hair begins to grow there will be a definite noticible area where is its oddly thinner.

I am a little confused. You said thus was his third procedure, correct?? What did they do in his first two? How many grafts per procedure and where were they placed? Do you have a photo from before his first procedure that is closer?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    I am a little confused. You said thus was his third procedure, correct?? What did they do in his first two? How many grafts per procedure and where were they placed? Do you have a photo from before his first procedure that is closer?
    I do not have any images of before his first and second procedure. I saw them in his Bosley file though. They placed the grafts on his hairline both times. The first procedure was in 2004 and was 1200, the second was in 2006 and was 1300. Both the same area.

The images of before this third procedure: Click image for larger version

Name:	94b47857-7f50-4583-bf8a-8fcdfb747b51.jpg

Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	45675
    they are the closest that I have.