+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Again I'll say,
    JJO, based on your emotional issues you really do need to tell me just how old you are....
    I feel I can give you good and helpful advice

Quote Originally Posted by jjo View Post
    my age doesn't really matter.. i'm older than most people here and it still hurts just as much now as it did when i was younger
    Try going bald completely before age 30. I've noticed this board has a lot of highly upset men who are Norwood II-III. If you really older than most probably 40's-50's I'm guessing since most are in their 20's-30's here. Why not just get a procedure and be done with it? I don't understand the self pity and anger, if you're balding then you're balding nothing left to do but find a solution, either shave it, get a hair system, or hair transplant, being angry and cursing the disease will get you nowhere trust me. Try dealing with this with a 60 year old dad with a full head of hair and a 40 year old brother with a full head of hair, talk about unfair, but hey it is what it is, I didn't sulk in my misery I did something about it and now I'm happy = )

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

HTsoon, i'm so glad you're responding here to try to help him too!!
    Hopefully he considers what we're saying!!

His third picture is very suspect, it shows thinning behind the forelock (forming the island in front). If that was all filled in then sure mature hairline, but looks like a classic NW3 island forming to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HTsoon View Post
    Try going bald completely before age 30. I've noticed this board has a lot of highly upset men who are Norwood II-III. If you really older than most probably 40's-50's I'm guessing since most are in their 20's-30's here. Why not just get a procedure and be done with it? I don't understand the self pity and anger, if you're balding then you're balding nothing left to do but find a solution, either shave it, get a hair system, or hair transplant, being angry and cursing the disease will get you nowhere trust me. Try dealing with this with a 60 year old dad with a full head of hair and a 40 year old brother with a full head of hair, talk about unfair, but hey it is what it is, I didn't sulk in my misery I did something about it and now I'm happy = )
    what are you kidding me? where do you get angry and self pity from? you don't know my age and my nw and all i said was it hurts, hairloss hurts us all and me included.
    actually read before you post bro

The only worse thing than the whole "mature hairline" thing is when people say "mature hairlines" look better lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by eighteen View Post
    The only worse thing than the whole "mature hairline" thing is when people say "mature hairlines" look better lmao.

+1

I honestly have been studying hairlines for the last 26 years. I agree with JJO et. al. that the "maturing hairline" is a nebulous entity, and very hard to define. To this end, I think when people say somone has a "maturing hairline", it implies their hairloss will ultimately stop once their mature hairline has been achieved. I often wonder how someone could possibly make such a prediction. I'm not saying the poster doesn't have a "maturing hairline" versus very early MPB, I just don't feel I could responsibly say he has a "maturing hairline" as this would imply his hairline would remain largely unchanged. In the pictures provided it did look like there could be mild miniaturization of the hairs at the hairline, but this is difficult to say. I do agree that his hair looked excellent in general, and that he should go with what his doctor told him.

On a different note, I don't understand where anyone gets off telling JJO he shouldn't be concerned about his hairloss. I don't care how old he is and what NW stage he is. He, like all of us, has every right to worry about his hair. I started worrying about my hairline at 18 and I am now 40. I don't apologize for continuing to fight my genetics, and retain as much hair as possible. JJO shouldn't have to either.

Quote Originally Posted by bsg007 View Post
    I honestly have been studying hairlines for the last 26 years. I agree with JJO et. al. that the "maturing hairline" is a nebulous entity, and very hard to define. To this end, I think when people say somone has a "maturing hairline", it implies their hairloss will ultimately stop once their mature hairline has been achieved. I often wonder how someone could possibly make such a prediction. I'm not saying the poster doesn't have a "maturing hairline" versus very early MPB, I just don't feel I could responsibly say he has a "maturing hairline" as this would imply his hairline would remain largely unchanged. In the pictures provided it did look like there could be mild miniaturization of the hairs at the hairline, but this is difficult to say. I do agree that his hair looked excellent in general, and that he should go with what his doctor told him.

On a different note, I don't understand where anyone gets off telling JJO he shouldn't be concerned about his hairloss. I don't care how old he is and what NW stage he is. He, like all of us, has every right to worry about his hair. I started worrying about my hairline at 18 and I am now 40. I don't apologize for continuing to fight my genetics, and retain as much hair as possible. JJO shouldn't have to either.

thanks, nice post