+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Please help is this TE or Mpb

Hi so here's the dear 2 and a half years ago while in college I had a major mental breakdown. At the time I had a full head of hair, physically until that moment, I was excersizing eating semi healthy and sleeping great but since then I've been in a state of panic constantly and my sleep has gone completely in the wrong direction. Well after my initial panic attack about probably 3 4 months later I noticed my hairline become very fine so I got a short haircut didn't think anything of it and tried to live best I could well I've had a couple more bad times and this is what it looks like. My hair is wet but I have read about telogen effluvium and mpb and it sound like it could be one or both what do you guys think? Answers are greatly appreciated Thank You
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20160320_072032.jpg

Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	45577   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160320_065723.jpg

Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	45578   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160320_070725.jpg

Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	45579  

post it dry

Here are some dry ones

Name:	20160320_075953.jpg

Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	45599   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160317_114554.jpg

Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	45601  

If you had a lot of shedding 3-4 months after each one of your mental breakdowns, it's TE. If not, it's MPB

Here's a close up of my scalp its shiny prolly cuz I have olive oil on it lol I don't know if that helps hair loss but I read somewhere it does i did shed alot at least what I noticed but from all the things I've seen usually you see vellus hair and this is just one shot but I don't see vellus hair in any photos of my crown or sides and they say there's lots of that in mpb and idk if this helps but I have my dads exact hair texture style color and he passed away at 29 with a full head of hair I just turned 23 and in Oct of 2013 I had not even the slightest look of hair loss

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-21-09-19-04.jpg

Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	45624  

Quote Originally Posted by Log View Post
    Here's a close up of my scalp its shiny prolly cuz I have olive oil on it lol I don't know if that helps hair loss but I read somewhere it does i did shed alot at least what I noticed but from all the things I've seen usually you see vellus hair and this is just one shot but I don't see vellus hair in any photos of my crown or sides and they say there's lots of that in mpb and idk if this helps but I have my dads exact hair texture style color and he passed away at 29 with a full head of hair I just turned 23 and in Oct of 2013 I had not even the slightest look of hair loss
    You may very well have had bouts with TE, but from the photos, it's apparent you have MPB as well. You can see in the photos with your hair dry, that you are thinning in the MPB zones, the crown and diffusing in the temples. The sides being as thin as they are, leads me to believe that yes, you may have been experiencing TE. None of this will resolve until you remove the trigger - your constant stress and panic. And, yes, this can definitely trigger telogen effluvium. Try to relax. Go see a psychologist, and even consider medication, natural or otherwise, that may help you reduce stress. For stress, there honestly are some natural herbal products that DO have a calming effect. While you do that, schedule an appointment with a GOOD dermatologist. Research finasteride (propecia) and minoxidil. If you're concerned about your hair, you should start treating the AGA asap. TE is BRUTAL for guys with MPB. You never know if the lost hair is going to grow back or not.

I'm seeing a therapist now and we are kinda making some ground i was just diagnosed with pure o a form of ocd so I'm on track to getting it resolved hopefully and I see a dermatologist later this week I don't know how good he is but hopefully he knows what he's doin and again thank you all for your replies

hard to say if it's MPB. may be just harsh camera light and short, spiky hair.

Well my hair naturally spikes at the vertex when I have it short I think cuz here's a picture when I had it a bit longer I did a pull test on the back top and sidesee and they all have 2 to 3 telogen hairs

Name:	20160204_085727.jpg

Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	45702  

Went to a derm she didn't check my scalp dint look at anything just started naming off the drugs basically. When I tried saying something about t.e. and she asked if I was tearing them out? I'm not an expert but I've been recently looking on Dr donovans instagram and looking at his scalp pictures and usually for mpb you can see a large number of miniaturized and vellus hairs. Now I know I have mpb I don't wanna deny that the temples say it all but I don't see the normal mpb diffuse thinning from an up close picture I could be wrong tho? This is of my vertex and the other is of a one donovan confirmed was mpb

Name:	Screenshot_20160418-001927.jpg

Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	46059   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160419-062603.jpg

Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	46060